Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1582 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

is this a good setup

Hi there to all this is my first post on here and i just wanted to ask if this is a good setup with 3 week old plants (sorry about the spelling)

i have beed reading loads of posts on here and tried to understand what everyone is on about this is
    what i have so far
    3 cfl 25watt 6500k bulbs about an inch above the plants in a triangle configureation
    tent is 2meters long by 1meter wide by 2.5meters high
    2 super skunk seeds which i have germanated and now have planted into soil they have good roots and one went very
    tall and thin replanted that one and is still good other one rooted good and is an inch above soil with first leaves both have first leaves
    i have a heater in the grow room and a old cooker pan in there with water in it steam comes off and a fan blows it around the tent temp is 26-30c and humidity is around 46-50% constant
    ph in water is 5.6 havent checked soil ph yet will get a soil ph tester soon
    i have them on a grate ontop of a water container with 2 air stones running 24/7 which seems to keep the soil moist not soaking

the one i replanted seems to be a musy pea colour
    and the other one is nice and green
    both have just drpooed their seed husks

again very new to all this is this a good setup or can i make it better or am i doing it all wrong
    please be geltal with me and try to make any sugestions as simple as possable and explane the complex stuff(something a idot can understand)
    bubayetti Reviewed by bubayetti on . is this a good setup Hi there to all this is my first post on here and i just wanted to ask if this is a good setup with 3 week old plants (sorry about the spelling) i have beed reading loads of posts on here and tried to understand what everyone is on about this is what i have so far 3 cfl 25watt 6500k bulbs about an inch above the plants in a triangle configureation tent is 2meters long by 1meter wide by 2.5meters high 2 super skunk seeds which i have germanated and now have planted into soil they have Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

is this a good setup

soil, ph should be in the 6.2-6.9 range. I just killed 8 seedlings with 5.8 ph soil. :wtf:

(adding lime only put them on life-support)

is this a good setup

Quote Originally Posted by bubayetti
    Hi there to all this is my first post on here and i just wanted to ask if this is a good setup with 3 week old plants (sorry about the spelling)

i have beed reading loads of posts on here and tried to understand what everyone is on about this is
    what i have so far
    3 cfl 25watt 6500k bulbs about an inch above the plants in a triangle configureation

tent is 2meters long by 1meter wide by 2.5meters high
    2 super skunk seeds which i have germanated and now have planted into soil they have good roots and one went very
    tall and thin replanted that one and is still good other one rooted good and is an inch above soil with first leaves both have first leaves
    i have a heater in the grow room and a old cooker pan in there with water in it steam comes off and a fan blows it around the tent temp is 26-30c and humidity is around 46-50% constant
    ph in water is 5.6 havent checked soil ph yet will get a soil ph tester soon
    i have them on a grate ontop of a water container with 2 air stones running 24/7 which seems to keep the soil moist not soaking

the one i replanted seems to be a musy pea colour
    and the other one is nice and green
    both have just drpooed their seed husks

again very new to all this is this a good setup or can i make it better or am i doing it all wrong
    please be geltal with me and try to make any sugestions as simple as possable and explane the complex stuff(something a idot can understand)
    I have tested my soil by using liquid testers and putting soil in water….I got the same range 3-4 times in a row so I went with it….

Also read read read about the lighting- if you can add lumens over time it will help alot with your final product, but they are too little right now to throw em to the light!

You will also want to read about LST'ing - it helps you to keep your plants small and stealth….they will start needing it in a few weeks .. it's easy when they are young- don't be afraid of them…

And finally one last thing to remember- plants are like babies- they don't like a lot of change all at once, so when you 'tweek' your setup, do it one thing at a time so you know what is working and what is not- no matter how much advice you get here it is really about your relationship with the plants and how you react to them…

Good Luck and glad you spoke up!

is this a good setup

thanks guys for the tips when do i start giving them nuits and what should i use i have looked on here and there is loads of options what i want to know is when, how much water to nuits) and what i use without spending loads
    and how do you bring ph down or up in soil

also i think i have a problem with one of my plants germanated ok then added to soil grew long and thin repotted it with more soil bigger container about an inch from the 2 little leaves over a week ago now it hasnt grown or done anything no more leaves no more hight what leaves that are on it are a mushy pea green colour and curling the tips of the leaves under still

ok have just put some soil in some water and its reading 5.3 ph

is this a good setup

ok just waterd with water with a 6.4 ph level and caught the run off and tested its 5.5
    but soil in water is 5.3