Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1591 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Whizzinator vs. Bottle

Hey guys,

i've been cruising the search button, but would like to get a little more details on peoples thoughts of using the whizzinator vs. a 3 oz screw top travel bottle. I know halo09, said you have one and have had some pretty extensive experience with it so any input would be much appreciated.

i have a brand new whizzinator and a donor that will be able to hook me up about 60-90 min prior to the screen. I am really wondering if people feel the whizz helps regulate temps better than a bottle with a heat pad in my gooch?

Also, any suggestions for a silent thermometer, or should i be using temperature strips?

practice starts this weekend, so i want to make sure i have all my ducks in a row.

thanks in advance, keep up the good work everybody.
    infamousmobb Reviewed by infamousmobb on . Whizzinator vs. Bottle Hey guys, i've been cruising the search button, but would like to get a little more details on peoples thoughts of using the whizzinator vs. a 3 oz screw top travel bottle. I know halo09, said you have one and have had some pretty extensive experience with it so any input would be much appreciated. i have a brand new whizzinator and a donor that will be able to hook me up about 60-90 min prior to the screen. I am really wondering if people feel the whizz helps regulate temps better Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Whizzinator vs. Bottle

I have a Whizzinator and some 3 oz. bottles that I practice with as well. I prefer the Whizz, it has been better a maintaining a temperature for me. Another reason is that it is pretty stealth, and doesn't have the chance of dropping the cap or something. Remember that real urine can be stored in the fridge for about a week, and the freezer for up to a year, so you do not have to time it so close with your donor. Also be sure to test with validity strips (I use UrineCheck 7) if possible, no sense in subbing with a diluted sample.

Whizzinator vs. Bottle

thanks tenbongs, some good notes in there for me. i will be popping my sub cherry so to speak...i think i will grab a few extra ounces of donor fluid and make sure everything is up and up this weekend.

Whizzinator vs. Bottle

Artificial delivery systems (ie; Urinator, Whizzinator, ButtWedge, etc) are not really necessary if the U/A is unobserved. A 2 oz travel-size shampoo bottle is all you really need.

"Stick-on" forehead thermometer strips are easier to deal with and are similar in function to the temp strips used at the collection facility. Just stick the strip on the sub container and thats one less item that you have to sneak into the facility.

Whizzinator vs. Bottle

thanks for the thermometer tip Burnt Toast...it is unobserved, so that is why i am debating on using a delivery system vs. a bottle. also, slightly worried about how these arctic temperatures might affect the bottle vs the whizz while in transport...using public transportation, i might be outside 15 min prior to test, with an anticipated 30-45 min wait...it wil be one of the things i will be testing this weekend.

Whizzinator vs. Bottle

Hey infamous, sounds like you are off to a great start. Do you have the whizzinator touch?

I can't speak much for bottle temperatures, though I'm pretty experienced with the whizzinator. I've had no problem whatsoever keeping temps in range. This being said, you mentioned being outdoors in the cold traveling, which doesn't have me concerned, unless that 30-45 minute wait you mentioned will be outside? If that 30-45 minute wait will be indoors, and seated, you will be just fine.

The longest I've worn mine was just over 3 hours, where the temperature remained very consistent between 98-99 degrees. I was in a stable very controlled indoor environment the entire time, but I'm pretty confident about the whizzinators ability to maintain correct temperatures, and I do trust the temperature strip provided.

The only thing I do not like about the whizzinator is the heating pads provided. They are garbage and I do not use them. Sounds like you've got some time to practice this weekend?
    I would go out and by some higher quality hand heaters. The ones I like are called "Hot Rods." They are advertised to maintain an average temp of 125 degrees, for 7-11 hours. Mine have consistently lasted 8 hours. What I do is place them in the designated spot, though I use a little duct tape to adhere them to the cotton. They do take about 30 minutes to get to their max temperature, keep that factored in.

One thing to note, no matter which hand heater brand you use, account for HEATER DUDS. This has happened to me with both the provided hand heaters, and twice with separately purchased heaters. Extras are a must.

Practice practice practice, keeping every variable as constant as you can. Given your transportation situation, I would make a couple practice runs doing your actual routine. Strap it on and live your life as you would the day of your test.

Variable consistency is a must. Establish your temperature timetable. When practicing, keep that initial fluid loading temperature constant, brand of hand heaters constant etc.

Since you already have the whizzinator, my vote would be to use it in your situation. Hope I've helped :thumbsup:

Whizzinator vs. Bottle

everyone, thanks for all the input. i will be taking the screen next week and will let everyone know how it goes, but wanted to chime back in with some of my testing results and useful tools i have found for my arsenal.

i've decided to just go with the bottle as i have found it to keep very regular and the one i am using is almost silent.

find a sample cup-(any cup, but i bought lab cups for $4 on the web)

i went to container store and played around with travel bottles and found a 3 oz flip cap bottle that is almost silent when you unscrew it (not using the flip up, too loud) and is a perfect shape for your nether regions. i also grabbed another 3 oz screw top bottle that works just as well. i grabbed some funnels that make transferring from a sample cup to the travel bottle a snap. best part is you can go into the store and play around with them and they all cost less than $2 each.

hand warmers- i have been using two hot hands brand hand warmers wrapped around the bottle with hair binders. warmers cost about $1.25 for a pack of two

thermometer- i found a silent digital thermometer on amazon that works perfectly, and also bulk thermometer test strips that you can easily hide and use. these are both less than $10

test runs- first of all freezing temps had no real affect as i have been outside about 10-15 min, then i am in transit for about 35 min, followed by waiting at my destination for another 20-40 min to simulate the wait at the testing facility. what i have found is that the urine when it goes into the travel bottle is about 93-95 degrees on my thermometer (which i have tested against 2 others, and the test strips to confirm accuracy) make sure the hand warmers are already warm, i have been giving them about a 30 min head start to ensure that they are heated. i have been wearing suit pants which are relatively thin with nike dri fit thermal leggings with one pair of boxer/briefs.

so i grab my test sample, transfer to the travel bottle via the funnel and put the warm hand warmers on in about 5 minutes and tuck it. then i make my journey, 75-90 min typically. when i make my transfer back into the sample cup i have found it to be around 99-101 degrees almost every time. i set it on the porcelain, floor, sink, anything that i might find in the test lab and it typically cools down itself fairly rapidly. i have been getting readings from 98 and below after 60-90 seconds.

this process works for me, has been silent, inexpensive and relatively easy. i hope it helps anyone else getting ready to sub for the first time.

as for the whizz. i still have it, and might need it another day, but for my first time i feel pretty confident in this method.

thanks again everybody.

Whizzinator vs. Bottle

Btw, feel free to poke holes, make suggestions for improvement here guys. My one worry was the urine being too warm on transition, not sure if that could be a potential issue.