Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1578 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

The 5 States Most Likely to Legalize Pot Next

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The times, they are a-changin' for marijuana as long-time prohibition laws risk going up in flames. Colorado has lit one up. Washington has its pipe packed but officials still need to sift through 7,000 applications before licenses to produce and sell are issued. And in the rest of the country, grassroots activists fight and campaign, while politicians teeter on whether to relax laws.

Even President Obama weighed in on the debate on Sunday in an interview with The New Yorker, supporting Colorado and Washington's legalization efforts but stopping short of making any statement on whether it could play out on a federal level. "It's important for it to go forward because it's important for society not to have a situation in which a large portion of people have at one time or another broken the law and only a select few get punished," he told the publication.

The dominos are stacked but which will be the next to fall? TheStreet investigates the five states likely to embrace marijuana law reform next.

The 5 States Most Likely to Legalize Pot Next - TheStreet
    boaz Reviewed by boaz on . The 5 States Most Likely to Legalize Pot Next NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The times, they are a-changin' for marijuana as long-time prohibition laws risk going up in flames. Colorado has lit one up. Washington has its pipe packed but officials still need to sift through 7,000 applications before licenses to produce and sell are issued. And in the rest of the country, grassroots activists fight and campaign, while politicians teeter on whether to relax laws. Even President Obama weighed in on the debate on Sunday in an interview with Rating: 5
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

2.   Advertisements

Each one a move in the right direction!!

hello. I agree with the analysis, being done by money changers interested in stock investments for the cannabis trade. strikingly these states turn the left coast, the northeast, and the center (Colorado), into cannabis friendly zones. the southeast is way behind the times, even though the same beliefs and habits exist there. I had to finally move from Alabama to Washington for medicinal. the legal charade remains deeply rooted in political corruption, and this b*llsh*t could end overnight. stop making children mental by criminalizing cannabis ! legalize all cannabis now.

^ true, petty good read from the money changers. I guess a lot of has to do with voter sponsored initiatives, the western states have them while the older eastern states don't. Maine does but its a relatively new state. New Hampshire does not I think, but its talking about passing laws the old fashion way thru the congress. fun to watch, all I know is I need to make a road trip to Colorado.
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]