First post aside from the Intro for newbies so a a little to add to that:

I am an X-Pat living in Latin America: AND I know little to friggen Nutin Well - I do have a little EXP. Last was helping a friend run 36 plants under (2) 1000 hps - Hydroponics - Vegged and flowered in same room apprx 12x14' room. Small 3 plant mom closet under 400 hps. That was 7 years ago! Time for some on the job training!

So long story short I am starting a new room. BUT it is already crunch time. Friend is dropping off as many clones (Northern Lights - I am told) as I can use in apprix 10 days. If not then I have no idea when I can get the chance again as he lives on the other side of this little paradise I will buy my own Seed ASAP of course and seeking recommendations for quality/yield/short flower duration.

I am used to fully researching my projects (I have another side project/hobby - and a different story) prior to jumping in but time constraints and opportunity demand I start to pull the trigger ASAP!

Good news! I don't own shit for equipment so design will not have to incorporate any pre-existing items!

Goal: Produce best quality in shortest time with maximum yield. (Does it ever differ?)

Space allotment and environment:
  • 2 bedroom Condo: Infrequent guest. Most know I keep a second room for storage and private office already and under lock. (Other Project)
  • Room: 9'11" W x 12' L-Can reconfigure space to obtain up to 12' x 4' although 9'11" x 4' is more convenient
  • Neighbors: Seem ignorant of such things - I keep the smell away all should be cool
  • Electricity: Locals not used to seeing BIG energy bills here so I need to keep LOW as poss! Appliances are being switched to gas
  • Sound: Not much of an issue but of course quit as possible. Last room was noisy - bad ballast and loud fans
  • Smell: I think this is the biggie for stealth - Need to keep as little as possible!

Other time constraints: Almost all the new gear will have to shipped to a location in the states then to me here. I have a VERY good shipper that keeps my stuff under radar of customs. But it is a slow process so if I was to order it all next week it would still take AT LEAST 3.5 weeks to get to me. I figure I can work with the clones until equipment shows up with simple stuff I can acquire here.

So what i really need help on ASAP is configuration for tents (Veg and Flower) and lights (Thinking LED) with the smaller details to follow. Everything needs to be ordered off the net.
Current budget is $1400 (tents lights and fan) but I might be able to get more if done for the right reasons. I know a lot of people say avoid Chinese LED lights and I am not saying they are wrong. I am just skeptical because a lot of the US stuff is made there anyway and also because all my "Stuff" for my other "Project" I have sent from there and I have ZERO complaints with the quality on that end.

Again, sorry for not have had more previous research obtained but like I said - Crunch time

Thanks and Cheers!
DS
dammshame Reviewed by dammshame on . Continuous grow - Starting from scratch First post aside from the Intro for newbies so a a little to add to that: I am an X-Pat living in Latin America: AND I know little to friggen Nutin Well - I do have a little EXP. Last was helping a friend run 36 plants under (2) 1000 hps - Hydroponics - Vegged and flowered in same room apprx 12x14' room. Small 3 plant mom closet under 400 hps. That was 7 years ago! Time for some on the job training! So long story short I am starting a new room. BUT it is already crunch time. Friend is Rating: 5