Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1589 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome & Marinol

I've had a condition called CVS for about 12 years now. (cyclic vomiting syndrome). Basically I get nausea and vomiting and dizziness that is so overwhelming that I usually have to be in the hospital for 4-5 days and get 5 or 6 bags of fluid because I'm so dehydrated from all the throwing up. I have been on such a medication as Atelenol, Zofran, Adavan, and Amatriptaline which are blood reducers and anxiety medicine. I cannot sleep I cannot keep any food or liquids down, taking 6 or 7 hot showers a day for 12 to 14 days in a row is the norm. this usually happens to me twice a year where I have to go to the hospital.

when I feel and episode coming on I have about a 45 minutes to 1 hour window to take this medication ( usually Zofran) to prevent it from coming on full bore for 12 to 14 days and keeping me out of the hospital. BUT IT HAS NEVER WORKED. but now I believe I have found a medication that does.

A friend of mine gave me a couple of his sisters Marinol pills and told me to just try it next time I felt like I was going to have and episode. IT WORKED!!! April of 2012 was the last time I was in the hospital, I have had 3 times where I have felt it coming on and I took this Marinol and all three times I prevented it from going full bore and was able to go back to work within the next day or two.

I'm planning on going to my primary care doctor to tell him my story and hopefully get a prescription for this wonder

so I'm heading to my primary care doctor tomorrow to tell my story hoping he can prescribe this miracle pill for me, because I plan on talking to my HR at work and showing that I have this prescription that may show up in a UA if they were to text me. my question is would it be more legit if I had a Marinol prescription rather than just a medical marijuana card?
    Cruze76 Reviewed by Cruze76 on . Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome & Marinol I've had a condition called CVS for about 12 years now. (cyclic vomiting syndrome). Basically I get nausea and vomiting and dizziness that is so overwhelming that I usually have to be in the hospital for 4-5 days and get 5 or 6 bags of fluid because I'm so dehydrated from all the throwing up. I have been on such a medication as Atelenol, Zofran, Adavan, and Amatriptaline which are blood reducers and anxiety medicine. I cannot sleep I cannot keep any food or liquids down, taking 6 or 7 hot Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Am sure this isn't your problem, but my experience was so familiar. Down to the hospitalization, that I have to share. After the years of trying to figure it out. One doc blamed pot because I wore a tie dye shirt to his office and 'pot will make you sick'. This after pot was been used to fight nausea for maybe 4000 years.

After countless, this is in your head, they found an aggressive cancer where they didn't expect it. Some have said, that my long term smoking habit should have helped. But think it took the concentration of good oil taken by mouth to finally whip it.

Was amazed at how expensive marinol was. So made my own.

The Marinol would not be my "everyday" medication. It would be my "Emergency" pill to stop the full effect of it coming on. Therefore, it may be only used for those times only a couple times a year.

I've been at my job for 14 years and just recently found I out they're going to be random drug testing. the policy states that if and employees self-reports medication used let me show up in a drug test that they will not be fired they will be reevaluated and possibly reassigned position.
    since Marinal is FDAapproved, I believe they with be more accepting of it that it is a pill rather than having a medical marijuana card to smoke

can someone give me a a ballpark figure on how much Marinol is?

Yes,I understand your point, thought it might be handy to have a script myself. But it was like 750 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze76
    can someone give me a a ballpark figure on how much Marinol is?
    Ranger is correct- the cost on Marinol has not made it a go to drug for most physicians.

I realize you already have a diagnosis, but I encourage you to research the 'history' of your disease- this is because over the last 70 years man has 'found' thousands of new diseases that have never been documented before. However many of these diseases also correlate with the timing of the cannabis prohibition and the genetic engineering of our food crops- that is not hype that is real- do some googling on it. Not to mention that the FIRST SYNTHETIC drug was made 6 years prior to the cannabis prohibition. Prior to the first chemical pharmaceuticals, cannabis was the main ingredient in about 70% of meds. The first heart attack wasn't even documented until the early 1900's and even then the documentation is very sketchy..
    I encourage this because the majority of these 'new' diseases have hit 2 categories. first the category that has to do with our digestion- our bodies were not meant to digest these genetic altered food products and they have wreaked havoc on our bodies. The second category is cancer - now cancer cells are present in just about everyone, however there are triggeres that not only multiply the 'bad' cells they kill off the good cellsâ?¦.this practice has started a whole new generation of cancers that the world has never seen before and rather than 'fighting' these we should be looking at what our bodies are doing - they are reactions to an environment that is not healthy. Cannabis promotes our 'good' cells to reproduce and prohibits the multiplying of the 'bad' cells with cancers.

I understand that your drug screen is what is your concern - fucking corporate ( at one time I was a DOT trainer for drug screens and breath alcohols for 16 years of my career) Now any decent drug screen program MUST have what is called an MRO ( medical Review Officer) - he is the one that determines if a ds is + or -. Talk to HR, find out what thier policies are, be honest with them. That Random program MUST hold to certain details that keeps you from being targeted- if you are targeted it must be a reasonable suspicion ds, which most companies do not want to have to back up so they will only order them in extreme situationsâ?¦

I think the oils are your best bet, I am sorry that you got tagged with a diagnosis that man made with his screwing around with nature but it can be reversed- you CAN find health, just not in the mainstream or in the allopathic healthcare industryâ?¦.think about it - if you get well how will your doctor pay his bills?

So I went to my Primary care doctor today, spilled my guts about my condition and asked him his thoughts on Marinol. He was completely understanding and agreed to give me a prescription for 4- 25mg Marinol pills for emergency use. Thats just what I needed. now my next step I guess is to go to HR show them that I have this prescription that could show up in a UA, and I'll just have to see what they say. Will try to give an update after I go through all the procedures. Thanks for your comments.

Did the doc think it could show on a UA?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze76
    So I went to my Primary care doctor today, spilled my guts about my condition and asked him his thoughts on Marinol. He was completely understanding and agreed to give me a prescription for 4- 25mg Marinol pills for emergency use. Thats just what I needed. now my next step I guess is to go to HR show them that I have this prescription that could show up in a UA, and I'll just have to see what they say. Will try to give an update after I go through all the procedures. Thanks for your comments.
    Ask your primary to write a letter to your employer stating you have been prescribed a medication for a medical condition that will give false positives with urine and drug testing.

I would not want to disclose any more than you need to, to an employer. Good luck! :rasta: pr

Great point painretreat!!!!!! ������

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast