Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1478 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Probation Threw Me A Curveball - Please Help

Ok, so I redid this thread. It was locked because I used "SWIM" instead of "me". I apologize as I was under the impression that posting anything other than SWIM was what was frowned upon. I made a simple mistake and had it backwards. I really don't think that warranted making me recreate the thread but I did it anyway. Can someone please just answer me and put my mind at ease? I clearly meant no harm.

I am on federal probation for 1 year and is already almost 6 months through it. I have passed all urine tests up to this point (once a month) while smoking once or twice in between each test, just allowing enough time to clear out each time. My probation officer had been giving me the instant tests in the cup that tell him right there with the indicator on the side whether I am clean or not. I haven't had a problem up to this point.

I was totally clean two weeks ago but 11 days ago smoked a couple of hits of old shake I found in my drawer. I have not smoked since then and four days ago, I passed two at home urine tests with a solid line.

Today, My probation officer instead gave me the smaller cup: The one that gets sent off to the lab. I don't know if he was trying to trick or catch me or why he choose to do a different test this time and send this one to the lab ...but he did. I want to know if I have anything to worry about. I most definitely would have passed the instant test today and am wondering how much more sensitive the lab test is going to be.
    Worried1982 Reviewed by Worried1982 on . Probation Threw Me A Curveball - Please Help Ok, so I redid this thread. It was locked because I used "SWIM" instead of "me". I apologize as I was under the impression that posting anything other than SWIM was what was frowned upon. I made a simple mistake and had it backwards. I really don't think that warranted making me recreate the thread but I did it anyway. Can someone please just answer me and put my mind at ease? I clearly meant no harm. I am on federal probation for 1 year and is already almost 6 months through it. I have Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Now thats much better. Re-creating the thread tells me that the person is actually seeking legitimate help. Keeping things real is one of the many things that allows the Cannabis.com DT forum to rise above those other forums that embrace posting in the third person.

Now with that out of the way, on with the questions....

I was totally clean two weeks ago but 11 days ago smoked a couple of hits of old shake I found in my drawer. I have not smoked since then and four days ago, I passed two at home urine tests with a solid line.
    When you took those tests, did you use the first urination of the day?

Today, My probation officer instead gave me the smaller cup: The one that gets sent off to the lab. I don't know if he was trying to trick or catch me or why he choose to do a different test this time and send this one to the lab ...but he did. I want to know if I have anything to worry about. I most definitely would have passed the instant test today and am wondering how much more sensitive the lab test is going to be.
    Even though the sample gets sent to a lab, an assay screen will still be performed first. The lab assays function on the same principle as the home assays. Therefore, neither are more accurate than the other. Most lab assays carry a 50 ng cutoff threshold - which is the same as the home assays. However some labs can offer an assay screen with a 25 ng or lower threshold - if the client (which, in your case, is the P/O) is willing to pay the piper.

Thanks for the response and once again: I do apologize for "SWIM". It was an honest mistake.

As for the at home tests: One was my first void of the morning and at most 48 hours after I smoked that one big hit 11 days ago. It was clearly, negative. The one I took 4 days ago was in the afternoon and once again, clearly negative with a noticeable two lines.

Should I be ok here? Further, why do you think he - out of the blue - opted to give me the lab test this time? It just seems suspicious to me when he and I both could have found out right then and there that he would just go with the other option for seemingly no reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Worried1982

As for the at home tests: One was my first void of the morning and at most 48 hours after I smoked that one big hit 11 days ago. It was clearly, negative. The one I took 4 days ago was in the afternoon and once again, clearly negative with a noticeable two lines.

Should I be ok here?
    I would take one more home test, with this time using the first urination of the day. If youre consistently testing negative with the first urination of the day, youre good to go.

Further, why do you think he - out of the blue - opted to give me the lab test this time?
    Your guess is probably as good as mine. Maybe the P/O was ordered by the court judge to do so, for whatever reason. But this is just a guess. Sometimes theres no telling what goes on inside the minds of the legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    I would take one more home test, with this time using the first urination of the day. If youre consistently testing negative with the first urination of the day, youre good to go.
    I don't have anymore drug tests. I took two over an 11 day period...the most recent being 4 days ago. As said, I already took the drug test for the P/O this morning. I'm just wondering how much more sensitive the lab tests are than the instant tests I took at home and the instant tests he's been giving me in the past. Once again, if he gave me the same test he's been giving me I know for sure I would have passed.

As for the judge court ordering him to do so: I know that's not what happened. This was just a spur of the moment thing in his mind. That's why I'm worried in the first place that the lab tests are going to show something that the regular instant test he's been giving me won't.

Anyone? There are like 300 people viewing this forum right now. Nobody can give me a clearer answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Worried1982
    Anyone? There are like 300 people viewing this forum right now. Nobody can give me a clearer answer?
    Eleven days from totally clean with a few tokes thrown in, I think you'll be fine, did you drink any extra water before the test or what did you drink all day before?

I had the same kind of test under similar circumstances, haven't heard back for three weeks, assume i passed

Mine was 10 days away from doing a few tokes, having been clean a few weeks before that. Smoked 1/8 oz a week before getting clean.

I ate fish in days before the test and drank gatorade 8 oz every fifteen minutes before going there. Had no test strips. Unless you gave strong pee (first of the day etc) it doesn't take long to go from 50 to 20 when detoxing usually.