Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1599 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

nitrogen deficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by emilya
    how often are you watering in that big pot?
    Short answer?
    Too often.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

2.   Advertisements

nitrogen deficiency?

i wasnt watering them too much, i was using the finger technique in the soil to see if it was dry. but in saying that i did flush the pot a while back because the ph was way to high, i didnt have a tester and didnt realise my tap water was reading 7.8. so i flushed the pots and left it for a week or so for it to fully dry before watering it again. and only use a quarter of the specified amount of nutrient needed. Everyone keeps posting about my watering but im only watering once every week so maybe even thats to much for them. ill stop watering all together till they show signs of being thirsty then feed them again. hopefully this fixes the problem. thanks again for all the help. im writing this all down so i dont have to goole all the time lol

nitrogen deficiency?

I seriously doubt that you need any nutrients at this stage either. Next time, try starting your plants in a beer cup or even smaller, and plan on transplanting to larger pots several times. This makes it much easier to tell when you are watering too much.

Imagine what the roots are doing in that big pot... they have gone straight down to the bottom and are wrapping around the bottom of that huge container. Every time you water, you totally immerse all of the root system, and the plant just cant handle that much water. So for days, the majority of your roots are drowning, waiting on mostly evaporation to take that water away.

I am convinced now that your problems are way too much love, and a way too big pot. If you can, start another one beside that one, using a starter pot or a beer cup, and see how much difference it makes. And no nutes!

Emmie

nitrogen deficiency?

I've read that a relatively deep container will help express more female plants compared to shallow vessels. Old Wife Tale? I start the seeds in the paper towel, then into a windowbox planter and then a beer cup within a week. Many times I have the luxury of starting dozens of seeds and select the few I want to put into cups. This saves the time of putting dozens of seeds into cups and then throwing most of them out during selection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12