Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1574 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

nitrogen deficiency?

im a first time indoor grower and had started some random seeds. they started off great and look green and healthy but then all the bottom leaves started to slowly go yellow and fall off. i wasnt sure what the problem was so i did some research to solve the problem and realised the ph was way out at about 8. so i flushed the plants and corrected the ph but i think maybe its to late for my baby. any suggestions or tips or is it to late? and they seem a little over watered so i will not water again till dry. thanks
    ghostkniife Reviewed by ghostkniife on . nitrogen deficiency? im a first time indoor grower and had started some random seeds. they started off great and look green and healthy but then all the bottom leaves started to slowly go yellow and fall off. i wasnt sure what the problem was so i did some research to solve the problem and realised the ph was way out at about 8. so i flushed the plants and corrected the ph but i think maybe its to late for my baby. any suggestions or tips or is it to late? and they seem a little over watered so i will not water Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

nitrogen deficiency?

What's your light time schedule

nitrogen deficiency?

looks to me, its over watering & too much nutrients! Just leave them alone for a bit, new green will grow out, most those curled up leaves will die off since its still early. Also your pot is way way too big for that plant, you might be better off getting faster green growth by transplanting into a smaller pot. The roots will have a better chance of getting the nutrients they need with out heavy watering. Just in case I would sow some new seeds, get them going now.

nitrogen deficiency?

The light schedule is on 18/6 and temps at 27° c. Also i didnt realise it was an issue putting them in big pot but will invest in smaller ones to start.

nitrogen deficiency?

I often go from party cup right to 3 gallon when the plants are only a week or two old. When I water I just use enough to wet the little bit of root and not the whole pot. This can work well, just don't over-water the plant by 'watering the pot'.

nitrogen deficiency?

So whats the idea with 30% run off because when i first started growing my babies i was only water a little but enough, then read that you are surposed to have run off to remove salts from soil. So water only a little till they are bigger than flush the whole pot?

nitrogen deficiency?

yes, the run-off is used with soil and soilless synthetic and organic nutrients. But this is when the plant has grown into it's pot and needs optimum nutrition and water requirements. The amount of salts ( nutrients) can accumulate and not be in the balanced ideal recipe we pick. So one washes out the accumulations by adding 30% extra water per pot.

nitrogen deficiency?

I go the whole route, from 1" starter cups for the seeds that have germinated on the incubator, into plastic beer cups, to 1gal, to 3gal, to 5gal. It is a lot of work, but I fill out the root ball at each step, and I think end up with a stronger plant by doing it like this.
    I don't do anything fancy either... I use Miracle Grow soil and don't even think about adding nutes until the flowering stage.
    The picture looks to me to be of a plant that is getting too much love. That curled up look, she is screaming at you, telling you that she is drowning. Use the lift method, and don't water again until the container is dry... let her breathe, and she will be happy.

nitrogen deficiency?

Attachment 298245

here is another plant i have started. Keep in mind these are only bag seeds and just for practice only and dont really expect them to amount to anything really, just all for practice before i purchase some seeds.
    the top of the plant looks good and healthy, but the bottom leaves are starting to die is this natural?
    the room temps are good, ph is good, humidity is great so im not sure if its sick or not. thanks in advance

nitrogen deficiency?

how often are you watering in that big pot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast