Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1666 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

new DWC method - 6-plant reservoirs with simple over flow system

Here is a vid of my DWC system. The first vid was shot during the veg cycle, about a week before switching. The second vid was just shot today, one week into the flower cycle.

My system:

- 400watt mh, going to be switched out to hps within the next week.

- 2x 27gal storage containers from Lowes or Depot for around $12. Very heavy black plastic with YELLOW tops that I sprayed with a primer to make it so the light did not penetrate the yellow plastic.

- I have two 60-gal air pumps with two outlets (each outlet feeding a separate reservoir in case one pump goes out, neither reservoir is without air. I have had hit happen once and nearly lost a plant in "the learning curve")

- Right now we have low humidity and I have just one fan circulating air over the plants. It is mid winter, so the temps are maintained by using the night air and an cool tube around the light.

- 2x fountain pumps, forget how many gpm it is, but it was $13 on amazon. Once in each reservoir connected to a 1/2"ID tube feeding water to the top lid which fills until it spills over the 3.75" net pots

- Veg stage was done with ~600-800ppm floranova grow fert among other nutes.

- Flower is being done with Fox Farm big bloom and tiger bloom. I will run around 800ppm in the beginning and will increase as the plants desire. I take readings of the ppm to see if the plants are taking more water than nutes or more nutes than water. And I adjust the next feeding based on the last finding.

And here are the vids:

My new DWC hydroponic growing container Critical Kush Still vegging - YouTube

12 plant DWC Critical Kush one week into Flower - YouTube

mrgrowguy
    klipsh Reviewed by klipsh on . new DWC method - 6-plant reservoirs with simple over flow system Here is a vid of my DWC system. The first vid was shot during the veg cycle, about a week before switching. The second vid was just shot today, one week into the flower cycle. My system: - 400watt mh, going to be switched out to hps within the next week. - 2x 27gal storage containers from Lowes or Depot for around $12. Very heavy black plastic with YELLOW tops that I sprayed with a primer to make it so the light did not penetrate the yellow plastic. - I have two 60-gal air pumps Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Looking good, but space is too small. You'll see. I couldn't hear the audio so I don't know if you mentioned the issue, but it's going to be overgrow city in there.

Agreed... especially with DWC.. those plants will get about 5 times bigger... Next time I would recommend doing maybe 4 or 5 plants TOPS for that space... As polishpollack said.. You will see... Overgrow city is right! Be very wary of pests and powdery mildew! They can take over in no time in that tight of a space with that dense of a canopy..