Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1699 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

extraction question

hello forums family !

so I think I get the basics

you put plant matter into a container ... then put denatured alco in container.... now here is the trick I don't understand do I let it sit or do I strain the mixture under pressure ??

I have a friend that says to take all my plant matter and put it in a mason jar then dump in denatured alcohol, let it sit for awhile, then strain out all the juices and let all the juices dry up so the alco evaporates leaving behind a tarish powder to be sprinkled onto buds and into edibles .... but on the same hand I read that you need to strain all the liquid threw the plant material under some sort of pressure to extract all the tch in the alco and then let it evaporate ....

the second part maybe I misunderstood .. but the first part with leaving it in a jar for awhile I understood perfectly.. like didn't read it he told it to me ...

so any thoughts on this process are much greatly appreciated ... I have plant matter saved up from 3 plants ... mostly fan leaves, trimmed bud leafs, and the stem that was on the leaf.. I do have the stem from two plants but they are pretty dried up so probly wont use em or should I ?
    Da_Toker Reviewed by Da_Toker on . extraction question hello forums family ! so I think I get the basics you put plant matter into a container ... then put denatured alco in container.... now here is the trick I don't understand do I let it sit or do I strain the mixture under pressure ?? I have a friend that says to take all my plant matter and put it in a mason jar then dump in denatured alcohol, let it sit for awhile, then strain out all the juices and let all the juices dry up so the alco evaporates leaving behind a tarish powder to Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

extraction question

I do my elixer differently, what I get is a nutty flavored emerald green tincture ( yep getting some chlorophyll)…but it knocks your socks off and is a good medication dosage..
    So I actually use green fresh material, finely chopped- decarbed @ 240 for about an hour in a closed pan- then let it cool within that closed pan without taking off the top.
    Then put it into about 2-4 oz ( dependingon how much material there is) of 100 proof alcohol and heat it in a wet bath at around 150 ( so there is little evaporation but plenty of extraction going on). I leave it on til the material looks like straw- then strain it and bottle it up.
    The Longer it sits the better it gets…
    I tried several recipes for green dragon- but like any good recipe, it took practice and my own little tweeks to get just what I wanted- so take what you like, leave the rest…
    Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

extraction question

crystal can you give a more detailed recipe? I want to do this but I don't understand things like "decarb at 240".

extraction question

Several of us want to know!!

extraction question

Quote Originally Posted by Chromophore
    crystal can you give a more detailed recipe? I want to do this but I don't understand things like "decarb at 240".
    Sorry Chromo…Of course I will give more detail

Decarboxilizing (sp?) the fresh chopped material should activate the THC is there is any - the more trichomes the more you want to decarb it. The best way I have found to do this is in an oven at 240 degrees in a baking dish- spread the material out thinly then cover with foil, as tightly as possible. Let cook for about an hour making sure the temps stay steady @ 240.

The cool the material without removing the foil- not sure if this is a wives tail or not about the steam helping to 'hold in' THC but it seems to work and gives me the ritualistic feel I like….( recovering catholic here)…

Then take the coled material and put it in a glass container, cover with 2-4 oz. of 100 proof alcohol, if it was a big male 4 oz, small cutting that you harvested, 2 oz….

This gets put into t wet bath where it is kept at a steady 150(ish) never over 160 til the plant material loses its color - this can take a long time, sometimes 12-18 hours, I have started and stopped this without any issues…

After that strain the plant material out and store in a dark jar out of direct light- I use a few dropperfuls day…good shit…

Hope this helps...

extraction question

crystal thank you. This is really helpful. I'm planning to try this on the highgrade trim and shake from my upcoming harvest. I think my patient will really like this if I can get it to a point where it isn't harsh. She has asthma and is very sensitive to the smoke/vapors. Mainly she eats. If I can work out a good extraction method, that is probably how I will process most of my medicine going forward.

extraction question

"....(recovering catholic here)..." ................J