Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1600 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Seedling Problems

Hey guys had a few questions. My box stays around 75-80 degrees during the day and around 60-65 at night i have a homemade co2 system and a cup of water to help humidity. I also have four 23 watt 6500k cfl's and two 23 watt 2700k cfl's. I know aluminum foil is bad but keeping heat regulated with baseboard heaters is expensive. The biggest looking lady is about two to three weeks old. And the rest are about a week to a week and a half. They look healthy except for one has curled leaves but their growing sooo slow. Any ideas on why? could it be the bagseed having shitty genetics. They all look green and healthy i just dont know why their growing so slow? I have a fan sucking fresh air into the box. I need help please anything would be great. Thank you for the help for thosw who respond. And also ive been using tap water sat out for two to three days to let chlorine evaporate. Any help is appreciated
    technician420 Reviewed by technician420 on . Seedling Problems Hey guys had a few questions. My box stays around 75-80 degrees during the day and around 60-65 at night i have a homemade co2 system and a cup of water to help humidity. I also have four 23 watt 6500k cfl's and two 23 watt 2700k cfl's. I know aluminum foil is bad but keeping heat regulated with baseboard heaters is expensive. The biggest looking lady is about two to three weeks old. And the rest are about a week to a week and a half. They look healthy except for one has curled leaves but their Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Seedling Problems

what kind of potting soil is that?...in peat pots?

Seedling Problems

Look dry and starving

Seedling Problems

Its some organic brand that i got from ace hardware here. And ok ill see if changing the watering differs anything from happening.

Seedling Problems

When starting my seeds I usually don't put them straight into whatever organic mix I'm going to be using because I find it can be too heavy for the seedlings, not aerated enough. I usually use a lighter mix or SEED STARTING mix that is mostly made up of Spaghnum peat moss and I add perlite. The seedlings can shoot through that stuff no problem. It could have something to so with the genetics also.

Seedling Problems

Thanks for the help guys. New to this so im takin in all the knowledge that i can.... question for a reflective material... would a space blanket or a old school silver car sun reflector be better for reflective material?

Seedling Problems

reflected light is a minor priority and way-overrated ...IMO

ph & moisture content is what you should check

Seedling Problems

Just thought id give an update on how things are going. No more tinfoil haha. Now its a windshield sun visor. Plants are growing better now. Any comments tips/ suggestions would be great.

Seedling Problems

ill tell u why they are growing slow.... its ur PH , organic will have a constant acidic value. i just know by looking at them the the ph isnt right. u really need to get sum way of testing the ph. get a ph meter from ur local hydro/ pet store they are not expensive but they are a MUST if you are going to grow. at the age of those seedling mate they should be alot bigger. what i suggest u do is this.... try getting a soil with a neutral ph (coco/coir is prefect for this) also get clay pepples/hydron and mix ur soil to a 50/50 mix. transplant those seedlings into the new mix. like i said earlier u really a ph meter and if ur feeding in coco keep your ph of ur feed between 6.0 and 6.5 ph. i also suggest u go the little extra and buy nutes intended for weed. general hydroponics flora series is a 3 part feed ( grow/mirco/bloom) that will give great results for new and old growers alike. its simple to use and u can be sure ur babies are getting what they need. so u have another place to flower these plants? because that box will not be big enuff.

so basically what i am saying is ur PH is the problem at the minute , at a guess id say your soil too acidic. change the soil , get a ph meter and good nutes and ull see a difference in a day .

i hope this helps