Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1599 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

My new 12-plant DWC setup - Criticat Kush strain

Here is a vid of my DWC system. The first vid was shot during the veg cycle, about a week before switching. The second vid was just shot today, one week into the flower cycle.

My system:

- 400watt mh, going to be switched out to hps within the next week.

- 2x 27gal storage containers from Lowes or Depot for around $12. Very heavy black plastic with YELLOW tops that I sprayed with a primer to make it so the light did not penetrate the yellow plastic.

- I have two 60-gal air pumps with two outlets (each outlet feeding a separate reservoir in case one pump goes out, neither reservoir is without air. I have had hit happen once and nearly lost a plant in "the learning curve")

- Right now we have low humidity and I have just one fan circulating air over the plants. It is mid winter, so the temps are maintained by using the night air and an cool tube around the light.

- 2x fountain pumps, forget how many gpm it is, but it was $13 on amazon. Once in each reservoir connected to a 1/2"ID tube feeding water to the top lid which fills until it spills over the 3.75" net pots

- Veg stage was done with ~600-800ppm floranova grow fert among other nutes.

- Flower is being done with Fox Farm big bloom and tiger bloom. I will run around 800ppm in the beginning and will increase as the plants desire. I take readings of the ppm to see if the plants are taking more water than nutes or more nutes than water. And I adjust the next feeding based on the last finding.

And here are the vids:

My new DWC hydroponic growing container Critical Kush Still vegging - YouTube

12 plant DWC Critical Kush one week into Flower - YouTube

mrgrowguy
    klipsh Reviewed by klipsh on . My new 12-plant DWC setup - Criticat Kush strain Here is a vid of my DWC system. The first vid was shot during the veg cycle, about a week before switching. The second vid was just shot today, one week into the flower cycle. My system: - 400watt mh, going to be switched out to hps within the next week. - 2x 27gal storage containers from Lowes or Depot for around $12. Very heavy black plastic with YELLOW tops that I sprayed with a primer to make it so the light did not penetrate the yellow plastic. - I have two 60-gal air pumps Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

My new 12-plant DWC setup - Criticat Kush strain

Here is an update, day 25 of flower. I saw the slightest bit of algae starting in the tube coming from the water pump and decided I would rather not fight the battle for the next 6 weeks and just turned the pumps off. The real reason I ran the pumps was so I didn't have to feed the clones by hand nor did I want to have to mix so much nute water to fill the 27 gallon reservoirs while I waited for the roots to break the water surface. So off they went. It worked great for what I initially intended it for. The plants are SUPER healthy right now, great root development. If I pinch a lobe of a leaf off and look at it under normal light, the green is dark and vibrant. The undersides look like satin. No browning, no burnt leaf tips. Faster nug development than previous grows.

I have been maintaining around 800 or so ppm. I find that if I put any more in there, the plants take more water than nutes and cause the ppm to raise. PH has been a stead 5.8 the whole trip so far, I have not been getting much of a PH swing at all. The most it has fluxed is from 5.8 to 6.0.

[Flower] Day 25 Update on 12 plant (2 resevoir) DWC - YouTube