Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1707 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Question about a bubbleponics design

The spray head on my drip system isn't spraying properly. I have a 160gph pump with a foot of 1/2" tubing connected to it. Then I have 2 18" pieces of 1/4" tubing coming out of that, each going to a pot in the lid. At the end of the 1/4" tubes I have a screw on spray head that is adjustable, it's supposed to be able to make a 3' circle of water but it only manages a strong drip. When I take off the head, the water shoots up about 6" out of the tube so I thought that should be enough pressure. Also, the head is about 18" above the pump. Sorry to ramble, but I know you guys need as much info as possible to give accurate opinions. Any ideas?
    SSDIPainGuy Reviewed by SSDIPainGuy on . Question about a bubbleponics design The spray head on my drip system isn't spraying properly. I have a 160gph pump with a foot of 1/2" tubing connected to it. Then I have 2 18" pieces of 1/4" tubing coming out of that, each going to a pot in the lid. At the end of the 1/4" tubes I have a screw on spray head that is adjustable, it's supposed to be able to make a 3' circle of water but it only manages a strong drip. When I take off the head, the water shoots up about 6" out of the tube so I thought that should be enough pressure. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Used the spray head like your talking out in cali, will say they plug up easy, check them every day.

Attachment 297757I went and got different ones at Lowe's, they work great. I'm sure they will clog but they are easy to remove.

Yep that's them. You can either blow them clean, or find appropriate size 'cleaning' wire. Still may been able to ream out first ones, then it becomes a trade out system. You might but pump in a filter bag. The more you remove the easier it gets, till it's really easy for it to fall off.