Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1673 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

too many lumens possible?

Ok - so I am one lucky chickie!

This weekend I stumbled upon a few amazing deals - (1) T5 4 ft 6 bulb and (1) T5 4 ft. 8 bulb for under $200.00

So of course I had to come home and re configure right? have one above one mounted on the wall - the wall is only running 4 bulbs and the top is running 5 for a total of 45,000 lumens - sounds yummy huh?

BUT - moving the little ladies from 10,000 - my instinct tells me this has to be done gradually and of course I have sessions all day yesterday and can't be hereā?¦ā?¦

So I come home and the leaves are pointing down- kind of like overwatering, but the soil is pretty dry and humidity is right at 45% - not bad for the 100% we had outside all day.

Light or waterlog?

Other considerations :
    space is limited to about 5 sq.ft. - lumenes equal just under 10,000 per sq. ft.
    Temp is 85 steady
    No nutes for well over a week and then it was 1/4 strength
    Cuttings 5 weeks out and into flower about 2 weeks
    otherwise very healthy
    no gnats / mites / or other undesirables
    Momma is under a big ass CFL doing beautiful
    Soil seems dry to touch about 2" down
    Can't post pics cuz I have an aggreement with my partner about itā?¦.

Am leaning more towards lets watch em for a day or two after removing some lumensā?¦ā?¦

Please and Thank-you!
    crystaliscious Reviewed by crystaliscious on . too many lumens possible? Ok - so I am one lucky chickie! This weekend I stumbled upon a few amazing deals - (1) T5 4 ft 6 bulb and (1) T5 4 ft. 8 bulb for under $200.00 So of course I had to come home and re configure right? have one above one mounted on the wall - the wall is only running 4 bulbs and the top is running 5 for a total of 45,000 lumens - sounds yummy huh? BUT - moving the little ladies from 10,000 - my instinct tells me this has to be done gradually and of course I have sessions all day Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Light or waterlog?

Other considerations :
    space is limited to about 5 sq.ft. - lumenes equal just under 10,000 per sq. ft.
    Temp is 85 steady
    Over watering & Under Watering can both make leaves droop.
    ...and 85 is getting close to upper temp limit

I use dual 400 watt MH lights in a 2x4ft closet. 8 sq. ft. 80,000 lumens
    Temp 78-80 degrees, max. No body every complained about the light

You need a soil moisture meter to measure moisture levels...IMO

Thanks, when I do the crazy thang and 'check in' mentally with them they tell me to stop worrying they are fine just settling into their new home, but then there is the other side of me biting my nails thinking I killed em with love!( wouldn't be the first time lol)

Think I got it figured out.

So the thermometer was mounted ABOVE the lights - remember just moved everything around a few days ago….the temp at the pots was almost 96…..oops

So I cooled em down with a fan, sprayed the outside of the pots and started a drip system in the pots to make sure that they were getting adequate water without drowning them- they didn't respond- uh-oh….so one last shot I did the crazy and asked em what they needed. And they talk back ( yes I had imbibed just before this)….so I hear from them that too much change so wuick gave em a 'respiratory infxn' and they couldn't breathe….off to publix to buy some Dry Ice….overnight they became perky again….

So….not sure how scientific what I did was, but it worked and I will remember for the future- plants get "stuffy noses" too and sometimes need a little help...

Temp at pots, very important, plus the old hand trick at top of plants.

I won't ever forget now Ranger!!! And the little ladies are just fine so it was good all around- I will also always remember to increase that light a little slower and make sure that they are on a slow drip system during stress going forward….whew glad it worked out better than budbro's….