Hey guys,

So here's where I am at in a nutshell. I suffer from manic depression and have been using Cannabis as well as martial arts and mediation as part of a Cognitive behavioral Therapy plan to restructure and repair damaged neural pathways. I have practiced this since I was 19 (I am now 24) with great success. I made a choice early on during the onset of my condition that I would not use Prescription pills as I saw them destroy my mother via changing prescriptions and overuse of prescriptions. She suffered from Manic Depression as well.

I took psychology in school and have studied the clinical uses of other Alternative medications for this illness such as LSD and Psilocybin. In addition we all know Psychology isn't an exact science.. You could go to a few different Therapists and receive different diagnoses as well as different prescriptions for the same issue. With this in mind I have seen no other way over the years to go aside from self treatment. That is when I discovered Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. I have acclimated to marijuana as a treatment now... When I don't have it now it takes only roughly about 24 hrs for my condition to begin to surface.

Also, I need access to different strains. A sativa for the depressive state and an indica for the manic state... I believe this is my right and I should also have the right to a clean product that I know hasn't been treated with shit like windex and what not. Now, I saw my Doctor today and she is receptive to the idea but can not do the prescription her self.. mostly do to fear as in our province Medical Cannabis is generally prescribed for pain... in Class one Cases... Class 2 cases is where I see my best bet. My doctor has suggested referring me to a Psychiatrist to attempt to meet my needs... Which brings me to why I am posting here... I'm hoping that I may be able to connect with other Class 2 patients that may have licenses for Psychological disorders and if in turn they may be able to point me toward a psychiatrist that is at the very least open minded to the idea of treating a patient with Manic Depression with Cannabis. I hope to hear back from you soon... This issue haunts me on a daily bases but I believe with the right help I can attain my goal and live a stable life!

Matt
@newcombeson - So you can check me out if you want :P, Cheers!
NewcombeSon Reviewed by NewcombeSon on . Looking 4 a therapist 2 help attain a licence for treatment of ManicDepression in GTA Hey guys, So here's where I am at in a nutshell. I suffer from manic depression and have been using Cannabis as well as martial arts and mediation as part of a Cognitive behavioral Therapy plan to restructure and repair damaged neural pathways. I have practiced this since I was 19 (I am now 24) with great success. I made a choice early on during the onset of my condition that I would not use Prescription pills as I saw them destroy my mother via changing prescriptions and overuse of Rating: 5