Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1575 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Cannabis and PCOS

So about a year and a half ago, I was diagnosed with PCOS. Poly cystic ovarian syndrome. I had always been on the heavy side and suddenly, my periods stopped and BAM in less than 4 months I had gained a whoppin' 60 pounds. And I felt horrible. I was told I had to go on a strict diet with a dietitian and lose the weight because that is what caused it to happen. I didn't argue but I knew that I had no money for said dietitian. So instead I just continued on as I had been.

Recently I have been smoking more often than usual due to a lost job, because of my hormonal issues that cause me to be very touchy. Instead of waiting to get fired I quit and had no where to go. I went to my friends house. She is a medicinal smoker and we enjoyed a good 2 months together. But, since I have been smoking more often than not, I have noticed that my big belly has gone down considerably, I have got more energy and am a lot happier.

Does anyone know if there is a link between PCOS and marijuana? I cannot believe how much I have changed in just 2 months. Has anyone else experienced this? Really looking forward to feedback. :jointsmile:
    Ashleyhunnie Reviewed by Ashleyhunnie on . Cannabis and PCOS So about a year and a half ago, I was diagnosed with PCOS. Poly cystic ovarian syndrome. I had always been on the heavy side and suddenly, my periods stopped and BAM in less than 4 months I had gained a whoppin' 60 pounds. And I felt horrible. I was told I had to go on a strict diet with a dietitian and lose the weight because that is what caused it to happen. I didn't argue but I knew that I had no money for said dietitian. So instead I just continued on as I had been. Recently I have been Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Cannabis and PCOS

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyhunnie
    So about a year and a half ago, I was diagnosed with PCOS. Poly cystic ovarian syndrome. I had always been on the heavy side and suddenly, my periods stopped and BAM in less than 4 months I had gained a whoppin' 60 pounds. And I felt horrible. I was told I had to go on a strict diet with a dietitian and lose the weight because that is what caused it to happen. I didn't argue but I knew that I had no money for said dietitian. So instead I just continued on as I had been.

Recently I have been smoking more often than usual due to a lost job, because of my hormonal issues that cause me to be very touchy. Instead of waiting to get fired I quit and had no where to go. I went to my friends house. She is a medicinal smoker and we enjoyed a good 2 months together. But, since I have been smoking more often than not, I have noticed that my big belly has gone down considerably, I have got more energy and am a lot happier.

Does anyone know if there is a link between PCOS and marijuana? I cannot believe how much I have changed in just 2 months. Has anyone else experienced this? Really looking forward to feedback. :jointsmile:

i have no idea what PCOS is to be honest with you but i weighed 320 lbs at age 18 and was always a big person and about 3 weeks after i started use i lost weight pretty rapidly and am now 180 and maintain it. my diet is very poor i eat pizza and candy basicly. everything eles hurts my stomach i have some weird conditions lol im 26/m/6 foot even. so i do agree it definitly has somthing to do with weight control, the way i tell people is "it knows how much your supposed to weigh" sounds dumb but i cant explane it any other way. and yes before hand i tryed many diet,exersizes,ect.. with no suscess at all of weight loss.

Cannabis and PCOS

Well basically what PCOS does is makes a woman's body Insulin resistant and that causes her body to think she is diabetic (she can develop it and is very likely that she will) That in turn has negative effects on the body, including weight gain that sticks (mostly because it is all in the belly area mostly), it is very hard to lose and the ovaries don't produce eggs when they are supposed to. Some women actually get cysts on their ovaries, I am lucky to have never experienced this as I have heard that it is very painful.

I don't touch candy, I haven't eaten out in a very long time and I try to eat responsibly and nothing has ever worked. Except for the marijuana of course.