Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1659 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2nd Grow, Bubbleponics Virgin

Every pic I post gets rotated, don't know why, they display properly on my phone, ugh

2.   Advertisements

Both girls growing nicely, stems thickening, first set of leaves coming in. Water has been gently spraying non stop along with the air stones. Lights have been on 24/7. Grow baby grow lol

So my wife unplugged the pumps by mistake today, when I got home from school one of the girls was hunched over. The other one was fine. Water was off for two hours. The plant did stiffen up a bit as she sucked up water but she is still bent over. I don't want to touch her, I'm afraid I'll tear her little roots. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDIPainGuy
    So my wife unplugged the pumps by mistake today, when I got home from school one of the girls was hunched over. The other one was fine. Water was off for two hours. The plant did stiffen up a bit as she sucked up water but she is still bent over. I don't want to touch her, I'm afraid I'll tear her little roots. Damn!
    That's is the challenge with some hydro schemes. If there is any interruptions, shut downs or changes in the formula things can go south real quick. The hempy is a great performer though, huh? I'm sure you'll get this method down as well.

I have a spare pump just in case, but I did get a quick lesson lol. Hempy was great, my only problem was the info I found said to drill the hole about 2 1/2" from the bottom. I did that, but it doesn't leave enough of a res and they dried out a couple of times. That left less than a gallon in the bottom and they were drinking a lot more than that. I would make the hole about half way up

My girl is saved, she turned up towards the light, started growing again. I just hope she isn't stunted at all.

10 day update:
    1/16: 2 seeds placed in paper towels
    1/17: 1 seed cracked, the other one swollen. Placed into 5" net pots. Made a nice little nook for them about 3/8" under the surface. 400w mh placed about 24" above them. Added the following; 3ml super thrive, 5ml each of rapid start and Dutch masters gold silica. Ph 5.7 and 43ppm.
    1/26: both about 2 1/2" tall, second set of leaves about to sprout. Added 5ml rapid start and silica, plus 5ml each of GH bloom, grow and micro. Ph 5.5 319ppm. Will update as needed, thanks for looking, have a great day!

Switched to 600w mh

They're not doing well, I have a thread in the plant problems section, take a look and let me know if u have any ideas please. Thanks guys

With the help of some very knowledgeable people my girls are doing great. My ph was a bit low, I was giving them additives too soon and I didn't change the res soon enough. Typical noob mistakes, but that's why this site, and the people on it, are so valuable. I lost almost a week from the stunted growth but they are trying to make up for it. I'll post a couple pics tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12