Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1550 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

grow tents (which 1)

Hi all, been on here for a week now (NOOB), while I deliberate over what steps I take next, regarding a tent.
    every time I look at other posts I get sidetracked and more confused lol.
    may I ask what peoples thoughts are, on complete tent kit's, as sold on ebay (UK) for £200 appox
    looks like everything is there for a 3' x 3' by 6' tall kit, I can get cuttings but how many could I realistically squeeze in the tent under a 600w light, do more plants increase overall waiting time, im tired of funding my dealers holidays lol
    After a couple of grows I would like use this tent just for vegging, and get a larger tent, but for now, im barely crawling let alone attempting to walk or run.
    Apologys if this has been posted countless times already
    goonerz Reviewed by goonerz on . grow tents (which 1) Hi all, been on here for a week now (NOOB), while I deliberate over what steps I take next, regarding a tent. every time I look at other posts I get sidetracked and more confused lol. may I ask what peoples thoughts are, on complete tent kit's, as sold on ebay (UK) for £200 appox looks like everything is there for a 3' x 3' by 6' tall kit, I can get cuttings but how many could I realistically squeeze in the tent under a 600w light, do more plants increase overall waiting time, im tired of Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

grow tents (which 1)

And the growers saga begins - couple of cents worth

Tent - One thing thing to look at is the frame connector, plastic will break (load, heat, vibration, stress) some have metal. Needs to support light, fans, and pulley system.

Number to take to finish(squeezed), 9 one gallon pots(4 liter?) to harvest. Number of veging plants - twice that. Number of clones(cuttings) - a bunch - maybe four hundred.

grow tents (which 1)

I have a 48 tent that I'm using to flower. Someone has to be home to open and close it daily. It gets very warm and humid in it. I have fans exhaust and a dehumidifier that run and all zipped up it gets to hot. Next I will be framing a basic wall and splitting that room for veg and flower. Tents are nice but hot. Make sure it's a decent quality or you will need to get inside and cover all those light pin holes where it's sewn. We also had a zipper break but we're luckily able to fix it quickly.

grow tents (which 1)

thank you both tlranger & thugphora

so already i guess i was cutting corners, without even purchasing anything yet. lol
    i assumed all tents are pretty similar, not now tho.
    can the ballast be left outside of the tent for heat reasons.
    i havent yet looked properly at tents on ebay to compare, say £50 or so diffenece,
    i will have to up my limit an decrease my big smoking habit.
    i have little spare cash, all that seems to turn into smoke already
    giving it time and effort and another 20 hours of reading up on here, i will try
    tlranger, you getting me going with 400 cuttings,i be happy if four survive
    thanks for the advice
    the item I had been looking at is 261060865715 from ebay (Uk)

grow tents (which 1)

Yes, ballast outside unless needed for heat. In a3x3 packed, out outside for sure. For space reasons to.

400 cuttings, rooted cuttings in cups veging less 81-100, then to 2 litre maybe 36.

Good luck, it's the people close that you need to worry about, security is number one.

grow tents (which 1)

just seen a different tent costs £50 more, but the poles are metal, plus its bigger 4 x 4, and has a digital ballast
    the other ebay sellar had some bad feedback for his tents aswell

grow tents (which 1)

Most have metal poles, I'm talking corner connections, Get a light in the package?

grow tents (which 1)

metal push-fit corner connectors, so it says, there is a 600w hps light included
    would you say the MH bulb was worth purchasing for the vegging, or is it gonna make little difference overall
    thanks

grow tents (which 1)

Good deal(alright), on the corners. Instead of the Mh purchase right now, I might go with a bank of t5's that would fit in tent. A little more versital, later on in your operation. An Mh or a switchable will be nice after you've expanded into bigger tent. Then you can use the t5's in small tent for cloning, starting, and early veging. Then the hps and maybe mv-hps in larger finishing tent when you 're getting a little bigger. I do like mv for veging and early bloom cycle, but love finishing under hps, thus the switchable. In fact the mixture, mv/hps for the first three weeks, and then to finish under hps, is my preference. But first grow, t5's then hps should be fine. But I'm going to experiment with led which may change my thinking.:jointsmile:

A lot of buts above(doog and bb take note), and remember some think I'm the comic relief around here.:joint1:

grow tents (which 1)

tlranger thanks for ya help and advice
    im still hoping/relying on doing this on the cheap (300-350 £'s), maybe 2-3 grows down the line then get a second tent, or better still evict me 20 y/o son, he has a nice large room lol
    but right now I have access to as many free silver haze cuttings as I need.
    I am a bit of a heavy weed smoker, with little spare cash in my wallet, so im hoping after buying a complete tent kit,
    i can pick up anything else from local store or local hydroponics shop.
    sorry, but what does 'mv' stand for
    also, the 600w hps, can a 1000w be used in a digital ballast, can they all use either MH or HPS
    cost wise, reckon I just stick with a 600 hps, better alternative than cfl's I hear, for 9 cuttings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast