Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1704 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Setup

Hey guys. Just startin a new grow last ones didnt do to well. I made the mistake of using a hooded lamp system for my cfl's. This time i went out got a storage container and tried over. More light and the ones ive started look happy. Tell me what you think about the setup this is my second attempt hopefully we have sucess. Im using 4 6500k 26watt cfl's and two 2700k 26 watt cfl's for both ends of the spectrum. Tell me what you think and i'll keep you guys informed.
    technician420 Reviewed by technician420 on . New Setup Hey guys. Just startin a new grow last ones didnt do to well. I made the mistake of using a hooded lamp system for my cfl's. This time i went out got a storage container and tried over. More light and the ones ive started look happy. Tell me what you think about the setup this is my second attempt hopefully we have sucess. Im using 4 6500k 26watt cfl's and two 2700k 26 watt cfl's for both ends of the spectrum. Tell me what you think and i'll keep you guys informed. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

New Setup

Do you have any ventilation for that box?? Do you know what kind of temps you have inside there?...and the Aluminum foil isn't a good idea, you can create hotspot's and fry those little guys even with CFL's. You have a lotta Lumens on those little guy's, maybe unscrew a few of those lamps for now too.
    You might want to buy a cheap "space blanket" and use that as a reflector. Maybe a CPU fan for the box as well.
    Just my .02

New Setup

I cracked the box open and have a fan blowing fresh air in there. I have a homemade co2 system. Thanks for the advice though. I'll unplug some lights. And yeah the aluminum foil sucks but as you can see my budget isnt large haha. The local stores dont carry mylar or anything. But next time i go to lowes ill check it out. In the meantime i'll find a space blanket. Thanks for the help. Im new but i gotta learn somehow

New Setup

Need a temp gauge of some kind

New Setup

Quote Originally Posted by technician420
    I cracked the box open and have a fan blowing fresh air in there. I have a homemade co2 system. Thanks for the advice though. I'll unplug some lights. And yeah the aluminum foil sucks but as you can see my budget isnt large haha. The local stores dont carry mylar or anything. But next time i go to lowes ill check it out. In the meantime i'll find a space blanket. Thanks for the help. Im new but i gotta learn somehow
    It's all good! I just saw your box and thought they were probably very warm in there. I'd just take that foil out completely at this point.
    If you have a dollar store, they may have "space blankets", or "Survival"blankets for cheap. One would do the job for sure.
    Happy growing. :thumbsup:

New Setup

Ill go over romorrow and get a space blanket and a thermometer for the box. Ill keep everything updated as i go along. Thanks for the help and anymore suggestions and tips are welcomed

New Setup

Get one with a minimum/maximum feature

New Setup

Do you guys think id be better off in a carboard box. Cutomized for them? Or does this seem good as well? In your guyses opinion. Only things i have handy for now

New Setup

It doesn't matter what they're in, they will have the same requirements. Cardboard box or the plastic tub seem basically the same.

New Setup

Quote Originally Posted by d00g
    It doesn't matter what they're in, they will have the same requirements. Cardboard box or the plastic tub seem basically the same.
    DO NOT USE CARDBOARD!!!! Cardboard absorbs moisture, You want a humid environment, Id say about 32-40 %

Stick with the tote. Go to your local hardware store and buy a can of Satin, NOT Gloss, white spray paint for plastic. Give the inside a good coat of paint and let it air dry for the remainder of the day, Start early so you have the majority of the day to dry. White paint is the most effective reflection you can use. It doesn't retain heat, its extremely reflective w/o creating hot spots. You may wanna try using a cheap can of "Killz" Get that temp gauge and a PC fan to exhaust the heat.

Keep us updated and if you have any questions, Jus lemme know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast