Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1665 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

AIR-POTS (Opinions - Experience?)

Hello and thank you so much for your opinions. I think I will give them a try at the plants early stage to develop a good rooting system quickly. Then it will not be possible to water so often like once or twice every day. I use normal pots for now, I think I let this one too long in the old pot, what do you think? Thank you for your time.

Attachment 297904

They are root bound

3.   Advertisements

Yes I thought so, it must have been terrible for her. It's 4 days since I changed them and they already look healthier!

5 gallon bucket or bigger is what people should use. air pots aren't necessary, just a gimmick for a soil grower to spend money on. may be a different story if you're hydro, but the issue is size of openings of the pot, particularly at the bottom. You want a pot that provides just enough support to hold onto hydroton pebbles or similar stuff, yet not have openings so small that the roots have difficulty growing width-wise, getting fatter as they get longer. Pots with small holes are really too small as the roots get fatter, they need space to grow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123