Hello everyone. I'm new here and this is my first post.

I have a question for those of you that live in the US who may be on SSI or Disability or maybe some of you just may be familiar with how the law of it all works. Just a few weeks ago I had a hearing to determine if I should receive SSI benefits or not. After the hearing my attorney was all smiles and VERY confident that had won the case but as of right now I wonâ??t have a answer for up to four months at the max.

Before I hired said lawyer I quit smoking pot all together out of fear of a drug test but as it turns out I never once got drug tested in the nearly two years of waiting for my hearing to get a date. Before hiring my lawyer I'd occasionally smoke marijuana to help with severe backpain amongst other things.

Anyways. My hearing is now over and from what I've read they normally drug test you BEFORE the hearing if they have any doubts of the medical clams or if drugs are brought up in the medical records.

So... What I am asking is if anyone here knows about SSI law or went through the process or has any idea if a drug test could pop up out of no where before I receive my letter with the judgement. Just curious because I would quite enjoy smoking again. Any helpful responses are much appreciated.
bowserbreathesfire Reviewed by bowserbreathesfire on . SSI/Disability Hearings & Drug Testing Hello everyone. I'm new here and this is my first post. :) I have a question for those of you that live in the US who may be on SSI or Disability or maybe some of you just may be familiar with how the law of it all works. Just a few weeks ago I had a hearing to determine if I should receive SSI benefits or not. After the hearing my attorney was all smiles and VERY confident that had won the case but as of right now I wonâ??t have a answer for up to four months at the max. Before I hired Rating: 5