Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1652 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

First Time Vaping Exceeded Expectations

Greetings from Ontario, Canada everyone. This is my first post ever.

I have been researching over the past several weeks about all of the benefits of vaping. The claims were plentiful: a 'clear' high, great taste, no couch lock, relaxation, pain relief, relaxed muscles, no odor, no coughing or irritation...the list goes on. Now I'd like to point out the obvious and say when something sounds to good to be true, it is ...except in this case. All of it was exactly as promised, and better. It even got rid of a nasty migraine.

I started smoking weed in 2004. By 2006 the wonderful high feeling had worn off and had been replaced by a foggy high, with hangovers, a scorched throat from bong hits, bad lungs and it was not the same anymore. People say that it is just tolerance and you need to smoke more ...they are half right.

You see in the beginning, I would smoke little pin joints. It did not take much to feel the effects of the THC and everything was fine. But down the road it took more smoke to feel the effects. And more smoke just ends up producing more toxins. I felt lethargic and just wanted to sit on the couch like a stereotypical pothead. I'd still feel a little buzzed but I'd be so spaced out by the harmful by-products that I could not concentrate much at all and my mind would race with incoherent thoughts.I also smoked a lot of cigarettes at the time which did not help. It got so bad that walking down the block made me sweaty and wheezy. Eventually I cut back to the occasional joint and quit smoking altogether.

My lungs have been cigarette-smoke-free for over a year now and I have not smoked a joint in a long time. So over the past several weeks I began reading all the forums, researching proper temps and the costs of different vapes. I eventually settled on making my own. I had some experienced vapor enthusiasts with me to compare it to their name brand name vape and they found the result to be identical.

So how to sum this experience up? Vaping brought back the pleasant high that I had not felt in about 10 years. I can honestly say that if I knew that vaping would be this awesome, I would have never smoked weed in the first place. I will never smoke again. I am staying with vaping. I plan to speak to my physician and remove myself completely from harsh pain medication and show others that this really can be a better approach to using MJ to it's full and safe potential. Spread the word ... vape the herb.

I'd love to hear about your experiences so please share.
    twiddlebug Reviewed by twiddlebug on . First Time Vaping Exceeded Expectations Greetings from Ontario, Canada everyone. This is my first post ever. I have been researching over the past several weeks about all of the benefits of vaping. The claims were plentiful: a 'clear' high, great taste, no couch lock, relaxation, pain relief, relaxed muscles, no odor, no coughing or irritation...the list goes on. Now I'd like to point out the obvious and say when something sounds to good to be true, it is ...except in this case. All of it was exactly as promised, and better. It Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Just an update with more info. The first night I tried this with two friends, using about a typical sized bowl of weed. It was enough for all three of us. Vaped again the second night and still plenty enough for myself and gf! The weed is a nice brown now and is ready for edibles so I will save it away for a rainy day. The efficiency of vaping is awesome!9 You really do get to use your weed over and over so you are using less and getting more bang for your buck.

I am going to have to try vaping ,Ive been everyday smoking for about 8 months now and am just begining to experince that raising tolerance you talked about .The thing that really sounds wonderful about vaping to me is the lesser smell.I am still reasearching brands trying to find the best at a resonable price.

I do not use the vaporizer myself at home. One of my closest friends has one, and while I have used it with him, I GREATLY enjoy slow-smoking a blunt or bong with my friends. I feel like the vaporizer does not allow for "social smoking" (just my personal opinion). A healthily-packed hookah (bud mixed with wet, flavored, hookah tobacco with a coal on top) that generally burns/lasts for 30 minutes (if you're smoking with friends that don't suck it dry) is probably my social-smoking device. Tomorrow, I will be having my friends over to watch the Patriots beat down on the Colts to advance to the AFC Championship game that occurs next week (fingers crossed!). We will be keeping game anxiety down by staying WELL-medicated, I am greatly looking forward to it! My buddy will be bringing his vaporizer and I will be showing him why I prefer my devices/rolling things up in a friendly group setting.

Yeah. The smell, or lack thereof is truly amazing. There is some aroma but it is very nice. In less than 5 minutes it is all gone. Nothing in the air, on your clothing or anything else for that matter. And the taste is just wonderful.

Yes, it's hard to be social when anchored to a vape box but it's not so bad when you are passing a turkey bag around. Gobble! gobble!

well I bought a pen style vape two days ago .I spent the first day fiddling around with it ,searching online for how to use ,and getting frustrated and just grabbing the pipe.The second day I decided to try on of the two extra heathing elements that came w/ it .I got it working ,took two puffs in the garage and another walking to the front door ,turned on the tv and saw the most intense ,unbelivably detailed dog bisquit commercial ever ! So vaping definetly exceded my expectations too