Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1870 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Nute lock

Hi I have a question about nutrition lock. A friend started several plants from seed (bag seed). He gave some of the seedlings to me. Mine are in week three of flower and he harvested last week. His dried product is week and doesn't have much of a oder smells like fresh cut grass.

he used several nutes organic and chemical, over 5 different kinds.. too many to list. plus he went from veg to flower in 3gal pots..

I'm hoping mine is much better however, his clones from the same plants listed above look to be about a week behind my plants.

Hes using a 600 hps in a 96"x96"x78" tent he flowered 4 plants

my tent is 24"x24"x62" with a 250 hps and 3 plants

we are both growing bag seed (mystery)

does nutes and environment make that much of a difference or did he nute lock his plants?

he said his trichome development was poor/low but he harvested when they were cloudy and he feed the plants almost to harvest he flushed with water for 5 days....

i just hope to have a better result
    Zzapp Reviewed by Zzapp on . Nute lock Hi I have a question about nutrition lock. A friend started several plants from seed (bag seed). He gave some of the seedlings to me. Mine are in week three of flower and he harvested last week. His dried product is week and doesn't have much of a oder smells like fresh cut grass. he used several nutes organic and chemical, over 5 different kinds.. too many to list. plus he went from veg to flower in 3gal pots.. I'm hoping mine is much better however, his clones from the same Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Nute lock

Sounds like maybe harvested too early or genetics, finish it out see what happens

Nute lock

My friend used a 3x magnifying glass to check trichomes before harvest. I used a 100x magnifier to check the dried finish product. The trichome tops look clear. Do the trichomes change color after harvest during drying/curing???

Nute lock

Not that I am aware of but that is nothing I have ever looked at before but will now……

I believe that the clear on the top tells you that they needed more time- were there colored pistils- trichomes are a good indicator but that is really all they are - people have been harvesting long before microscopes were available.
    On the main growing forum there are some great threads about when to harvest- read them all before you get your scissors out.
    Good luck!

Nute lock

the dried product has reddish brown hairs, it looks good... and the oder is changing as it needed more curing.... I put it in a paper bag over night then laced in a glass jar. I've been burping the jar and noticed the oder is starting to improve... i may use it in an edible form cookies/browines or something maybe make some hash....