Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1653 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

My first attempt at homebrewing honey oil (alchohol method, small batch, no heat)

just started my first attempt at pulling honey oil out of some "leftovers" i had (stems and shake mostly), didn't even think about taking pics when i first started, but this is what it looks like after one day

Attachment 297491

I've just got it sitting on the floor in a 9"x9" Pyrex casserole dish with a small oscillating fan pointed at it to assist in the alcohol evaporation, given the way it's looking I'm going to be putting into a smaller bowl before i leave to work today and turning off the fan while I'm not here as a safety measure, currently I'm planning on getting it pretty well reduced in the small bowl and then I'll transfer to a water bath to finish it off.

i should also mention that I'm using trimmings from "Silver Haze" and only 70% isopropyl alcohol to do this because that's what i had on hand at the start of this little experiment, it started out looking a bit like watered down green kool-aid. I'll post updates as progress is made, and any comments or suggestions are very welcome

i should also mention that i do not use, purchase or sell, any kind of marijuana product, any mention of any such activities that may be suggested are purely theoretical in nature and all pictures are mock-ups created for artistic purposes.
    CcManarki Reviewed by CcManarki on . My first attempt at homebrewing honey oil (alchohol method, small batch, no heat) just started my first attempt at pulling honey oil out of some "leftovers" i had (stems and shake mostly), didn't even think about taking pics when i first started, but this is what it looks like after one day 297491 I've just got it sitting on the floor in a 9"x9" Pyrex casserole dish with a small oscillating fan pointed at it to assist in the alcohol evaporation, given the way it's looking I'm going to be putting into a smaller bowl before i leave to work today and turning off the fan Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

My first attempt at homebrewing honey oil (alchohol method, small batch, no heat)

i should have researched more firsthand, i didn't do anything to activate the important compounds and i don't think i filtered enough to start out with either, I've got a lot of organic material clinging to the surface of the bowl as the alcohol evaporates, i think i'm gonna scrap this project, also, can anybody inform as to how to cross post this thread into the concentrates sub-board?