Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1690 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bottom leaves have pale green spots

bottom fan leaves have pale green spots, all other leaves look fine. plants are 4 weeks old have been fertilized twice at half strength straight water today. pics later after company leaves!!!! Thanks jeff62
    jeff62 Reviewed by jeff62 on . bottom leaves have pale green spots bottom fan leaves have pale green spots, all other leaves look fine. plants are 4 weeks old have been fertilized twice at half strength straight water today. pics later after company leaves!!!! Thanks jeff62 Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Pics of leaves

Someone must know?

Have you flipped the leaves over and looked for pests on the underside?

There are species of leaf miner, thrips and mites (not spider mites) that can leave such markings. Crystal's advice is good. Inspect both sides of the leaf through a hand lens or loupe and look for bugs. Thrips can be very very small. A microbial infection is typically more zoned in appearance, but there are people on this forum who know tons more about that than me, so hopefully they'll weigh in. What are you growth conditions/setup? How is overall plant health outside of this problem?

Plants health looks good. Have five other plants and none of them are showing any signs of this problem. Thankfully, have looked them over real well with glass don't see any bugs anywhere. Damage has not spread that I can see in the last 12 hours. Thanks for info.

Jeff, Chromo is right- there are some amazing trouble shooters on here who will catch this hopefully today. Little spots are not my specialty - if there are no little bugs visible through a scope- I had it over to my partner IF it meets another criteria - new growth is effected.

If the new growth is looking good you may have less to worry about, because if it is caused from nutrients then the problem is fixed if your new growth looks healthy. BUT spots like that would have me looking through a scope daily and keeping a close eye - other than that I would do just what you are doing- calling in the partner to check it out….. lol!

Good luck and I can't wait to see what the experts have to say!

Checked plants this am before lights went out damage unchanged. I am thinking about removing two leaves from plant, smoking a joint and stop stressing.LOL, it will become a game of wait see thanks.

If you're not seeing bugs (and the damage is really too large to be bugs), then I think what you have there is just a genetic anamoly, meaning it's an issue that comes from the plants genes in parts of the plant that are affected. This is unusual and I've never seen it before, but because you have a light green color, I'm guessing that some of the tissue is present but not all of it. This is kind of like when I person is born with or develops a discoloration of their skin in certain areas. The tissue is different such that it shows a different color. If you're not seeing bugs and can't determine how the leaves got damaged, it's probably a result of a genetic malfunction. You'll know for sure if the problem doesn't spread or get worse. Frankly, I don't think it will be anything to worry about.

I have discoloration of some leaves. I figure that is from splashing nutrient mixture on them when I water. Plants are doing great, just some burn spots on old leaves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast