Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1588 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

first time growing

okay so i didn't have much to start up with so i but my set up is in my closet i have (1) 150w hps, (2) 42w cfl's, (2) 55w cfl's, one pot not sure of size(biggest one in the house), 2 nirvana auto flower jock of horror. I planted both seeds in one pot, was that a good idea? i do 24/0 for my light My water PH levels are between 6 - 6.5. There is a ceiling fan over my door so i turn that on and crack the door to circulate the air. So far am I on the right track? What else can I do to better my chances for a nice turn out?

I've attatched pictures. they sprouted 3 days after germination on Dec. 14. One of my plants is growing much more quicker than the other, any ideas on why? and the last 3 are my plants currantly ( Jan. 6th ). Any feedback positive or negative is much appreciated.
    itzashame Reviewed by itzashame on . first time growing okay so i didn't have much to start up with so i but my set up is in my closet i have (1) 150w hps, (2) 42w cfl's, (2) 55w cfl's, one pot not sure of size(biggest one in the house), 2 nirvana auto flower jock of horror. I planted both seeds in one pot, was that a good idea? i do 24/0 for my light My water PH levels are between 6 - 6.5. There is a ceiling fan over my door so i turn that on and crack the door to circulate the air. So far am I on the right track? What else can I do to better my Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

first time growing

Lighting is great for the set-up you have. If it hasn't been too long you should separate the 2 plants and give them each their own pot. I would start with a medium sized pot and graduate to a larger after you notice slowed growth. But what you have now will be fine as long as you can separate the 2. They may be fighting each other for the nutrients. If you have an oscillating fan you could use to circulate the air over and thru the plant. The wind also helps strengthen the stock.

Lemme know if you have any other questions.

first time growing

Thank you I didn't know the wind helped the stock. Well do to unfortunate circumstances I am in able to repot so if what you say is true about fighting for nutrients do you think I should just kill my smaller plant and just focus on the one that's actually growing? Because the smaller one has been sitting around 4 inches for about a week while the other has had exponential growth and becoming over 12inches in that amount of time.

first time growing

I don't see the second plant in pic #7?

RIP or it got moved?

EDIT: ok ...there was a update.

You can watch the runt, see what it does & give it up, when you feel force is against you. imp:

first time growing

I want to keep it but will keeping it keep my bigger one from taking up 100% of the nutrients it needs?

first time growing

the bigger one will take what it wants...the runt will do without

separate soon