Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1652 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Going to growstore in 1 hour, I could use a few minutes of casual mentoring.

I've done tons of research but don't have the time to sort through it. I need quick, informal advice about going to the full-service growstore. I assume they'll be able to help me as they've received good reviews online. Also if it's okay do I need any micronutrients or will I be good to roll with my cal-mag and NPK separate fertilizer salts?(I bought the cal-mag in tablet form, I soak em for a minute to get the cellulose off of them. I don't know if vegetarian, generic, or brand name is better but these seemed to immediately perk up everything.) So far I've had success with peat moss tea and extremely diluted turf builder in almost indistinguishable amounts.(Surprisingly close for organic grass fertilizer, less nitrogen then you'd expect about 5-1-2 and no chlorines) My medium is horticultural-grade floral foam and a handful of temporary clay aggregate. Switching to rockwool and expanded clay today. Also purchasing PH Down and going to buy double nitrogen/nitrate nutes because I expect to use it more quickly and only want to shop infrequently. Small project single DWC tub. been maturing seedlings in tilted test tubes, paper towels, floral foam, and even peat moss with heating pad to test what works best. I have a heated floor in my grow space and excellent re-existing conditions. I play it safe and try to never cut corners, I would be done with my shopping days ago if not for weather considerations. I mean for this to be casual but I didn't know how to explain without explaining. =P
    THCnXTC Reviewed by THCnXTC on . Going to growstore in 1 hour, I could use a few minutes of casual mentoring. I've done tons of research but don't have the time to sort through it. I need quick, informal advice about going to the full-service growstore. I assume they'll be able to help me as they've received good reviews online. Also if it's okay do I need any micronutrients or will I be good to roll with my cal-mag and NPK separate fertilizer salts?(I bought the cal-mag in tablet form, I soak em for a minute to get the cellulose off of them. I don't know if vegetarian, generic, or brand name is better Rating: 5
    All posted content is for novelty purposes only, all images and descriptions are duplicates from various sources and are not original content, and I take no liability for them.

2.   Advertisements

Looks like your started well to me, get those seeds in our medium quickly, once those roots get going they go fast.

Wow I've read so many of your posts I'm like minorly starstuck here lmao. I just posted in lounge the jest of what's going in my first grow log when I have time to write. I spent 120 on everything I need down to a humidity dome and my plants have been idoling without any (real) nutes since germ almost 2 weeks ago. Haven't grown at all but are healthy as lil' mules. My dutch masters is arriving in 10 minutes and I'm very excited and will consider taking some pictures. Or finding some that represent my joy, still not sure what's wise to publish. (I live a very low-key lifestyle and I like it this way.) Any advice on any subject will be treated with the highest regard. (So just keep it classy man/ma'am) I'll never get into pissing contests on these forums (unless we're drunk and there's money involved) I'm only here to be a better grower, any extra fun along the way is just jam. =P
    All posted content is for novelty purposes only, all images and descriptions are duplicates from various sources and are not original content, and I take no liability for them.

Moving to my first grow log. I'll keep checking here and directing people to any relevant posts I've made as often as I can for as long as this thread stays open. Any feedback is greatly appreciated from growers of all skill levels, some of my best ideas so far have been while trying to solve problems for someone else.

Oh hell one last post for the 150 people here looking for my shopping list: PH Down(Less then $10), Lydia's growth hormone ($14), One full slab of rockwool (About $6), A bottle of dutch master's veg and dutch masters flower ($10 ea. formulated in Holland I believe) A humidity dome (For about $10 bucks or less your better off getting a bonus to yield with a real dome that light passes through perfectly than a clear-ish tote or storage bin substitute!) Aquarium heater, heated floor, and or heating pad(s) (Various prices, aquarium heaters can run 5-15 for a 15 gal capacity, maybe try walmart then a pet store if you can't locate), Two aquasomething water pumps form Wal-Mart ($5.40 ea. single or double tube is acceptable. I'd buy two per tank because it's affordable and then you have a backup if one dies) Cal-Mag (If you got dutch masters you're good on nutes, if you got NPK in individualized fertilizer salts at Home Depot or a hardware store/gardening center then you may want the Cal-Mag and possibly Epson Salts, both available at any drugstore and many grocery stores. Cal-mag is a mineral supplement by the pharmacy usually, Epson salt is there too often in a white and blue milk carton container. I'd go with a teaspoon per 15gal every flush) Various full spectrum lights from hardware stores or some Plant & Aquarium fluorescent tubes (under $10 each), a Lights of America (no lights included) to hold your new grow lights! (Also $10 each, great value two lights per bal) A couple storage totes to hold the whole thing ($4-15 each if you buy cheap double or even triple up. I have two 15 gal and I *wish* I tripled-up before they lost their shape in 1 hour after finishing construction), and of course air tubing 25ft x 0.25 inch for your pumps ($5 or less), Plus air stones I got a pack of two small air stones ($2 for two) and a 10 inch bubble bar ($3) All my supplies except non-fluorescent lights and specialized hydro grow equipment is available at wal-mart dirt cheap. The tote I bought even had tubing holes MADE for air tubing I believe.Enjoy!

Did you dress nice for your picture at the grow store? Don't get too cocky, you've a ways to go, but you sound like you've been down this road before.

I sent GP for me and talked to the owner on the phone. Even got a discount. I got everything I need but Imisplaced my lydia's rooting hormone ($16) shortly after unloading. Got a humidity dome free though. Never make your own if you can get a free high-quality growstore dome that is actually able to be penetrated by light efficently. Why spend $1200 on lights just to put a $2 storage bin over your girls? If you're in a first-world country DIY will rarely offer you the ease of use and results as just buying the proper items. My florafoam and peat tea with drugstore nutes grow is already being surpassed by my much healthier rockwool and supersoil puppies. JMHO.

It's actually going really well, had a $10 walmart florescent ballist burn out and had my biggest girl wilt from a difficult soil transplant. Girls in the pool are doing well though, soon as roots touched medium they took off like bottle rockets XD. Didn't expect em to be so fragrant during veg haha. smells like tomato plants with a hint of lemony musk. One of my plants have cool white streaks up a few leaves I have no clue what that may mean lol, it doesn't look like a plant problem because it's my healthiest one. Btw reptile lights work great, trying to simulate a tropical grow with indoor conditions so I use a lot of blue and ultra-violet UVB. Oh that's all just bagseed though I got my $100 herbies order in today and about to start working with them today. Gonna go help my gf get her card today hopefully.