Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1553 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Green Dragon Changing Colors Over Time

Hello everyone,

I recently made a batch of green dragon extract. This is probably the fourth or fifth batch I've made, but I've never had a problem like this before. The method I used to make my green dragon this time was the no heat method, I simply let the bud and the stems sit in the Everclear for a little over 1 month, in my closet. When it was finished, it looked and tasted perfect. A nice green tint, with some obvious gold and brown in there too. It looked like how I know Green Dragon to look when it is made correctly.

Now a couple months later, my green dragon is no longer green at all. It is completely golden/amber now. It has been sitting in my refrigerator to stay fresh, and it didn't seem to lose its green color until this week. In fact, I just noticed the color change today, and I just used it less than a week ago when it was still mostly green.

What could have caused this? And what are its implications as far potency and efficiency goes? I would appreciate any help, thank you!
    -Jas
    Jas D Reviewed by Jas D on . Green Dragon Changing Colors Over Time Hello everyone, I recently made a batch of green dragon extract. This is probably the fourth or fifth batch I've made, but I've never had a problem like this before. The method I used to make my green dragon this time was the no heat method, I simply let the bud and the stems sit in the Everclear for a little over 1 month, in my closet. When it was finished, it looked and tasted perfect. A nice green tint, with some obvious gold and brown in there too. It looked like how I know Green Dragon Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The green is chlorophyll, of course.
    Chlorophyll degrades with light, and heat.
    If you didn't leave it out in the daylight last time you used it, I'd check the door switch on your fridge light.

THC is less sensitive to light and can handle higher temperatures than chlorophyll, so you are probably OK potency wise.
    And you know how to check that, yah? :stoned::smokin:

Aloha,
    Weezard

Damn... I was gonna venture a guess and glad I didn't lol... Weezard, that's pretty genius and likely spot on... +1

I was gonna suggest that since your fridge probably like most fridges and frost cool via an adjacent freezer it can build small amounts of condensation... I was curious if you have it in a jar or out in the open...

but, your specific question on loss of the green tint is most likely perfectly answered above

//on a side note, I've never made oil that way... link to a good method to follow/directions? Thanks in advance!