Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1595 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

im a first time grower and got a few questions if anyome can PLZ help

I just got two 1000w MH / (HPS) lights air cooled digital balest first thing I need to know is how meany plants should I grow under each light I got a good size room. The outhe thing I wanna know is what kind of seed do u recommend for a first time grower I kinda know some things but the more input the better ooh yeah I also would like input on food for my baby for veg and bloom a good soil moss fertalizer to but any thing els you guys and girls can help with just replie to this plz I need ALL THE HELP I CAN GET my friends well to next time stay blazed lol
    Jasong Reviewed by Jasong on . im a first time grower and got a few questions if anyome can PLZ help I just got two 1000w MH / (HPS) lights air cooled digital balest first thing I need to know is how meany plants should I grow under each light I got a good size room. The outhe thing I wanna know is what kind of seed do u recommend for a first time grower I kinda know some things but the more input the better ooh yeah I also would like input on food for my baby for veg and bloom a good soil moss fertalizer to but any thing els you guys and girls can help with just replie to this plz I need ALL Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Those are powerful lights to buy without having seeds or knowing how many you want :smokin: I would start scouring these forums because there's so much valuable information on all of them. Look at some of the other posts right below this one because there's definitely some about room sizes, nutrients, and soil. It's generally better to check some of that out, get your basics, then ask questions about specifics. That makes it easier for everyone. You definitely don't want to lose an entire room-worth of plants because of a simple rookie mistake.

Also, there are so many seed banks! Check out the ones advertised on the main page. On each site, there are descriptions for each plant. They usually say how "easy" they will be to grow. I am in my first grow and I also considered that before buying any seeds (sooo expensive for a tiny thing!). Choosing which I wanted was one of my favorite parts of the experience so far and you don't want people taking that away from you!

Happy Growing!!

do some research, all your answers are all over the forums, use the little search function. Sticky threads work wonders

good luck, let us know when you get a seed sprouted under 2000w's of HID

I literally spent a year researching how to grow before I started. d00g is absolutely right that doing your own research helps you to frame specific questions. The Cannabis.com grow FAQs are invaluable. I have the page bookmarked. And 2000w? Damn dude, that's a lot of lumens. Your electricity bill will grow as well as your plants.

Great advice above, much that I followed as I was gearing up for my first grow. I would suggest you start a bit smaller though. Put your 1000 Watt lights away for now, you don't need them. (yet)
    First things first, you need some CFL's, or a T5HO for seedlings. After they are rooted and established, (depending on how many you plan on starting with) you need a Veg Light.
    I can't say enough good things about T5HO lights...I grow and flower under them with good results. (I'm still "new" too, only my 2nd go in progress now).
    Once you have them Vegged, then you can breakout those 1000 Watt lights. Bottom line is....start smaller. You WILL have some issues, and you are still learning so start with a small number of plants and learn from them.
    It will save you much frustration and a few are easier to manage when you are starting out.
    Just my .02

You've already dumped a bunch of money on lights.... You can go simple and cheap for the rest. If you can get some bag seed free drop them in some quality soil and wait for them to sprout (not under your HID lights) any room that gets mild day light will do... once you have sprouts you can intro them to your lights... keep them at least 3 or 4 feet away from the lights until they get a couple sets of fan leaves. I say bag seed cause they are cheap and they allow you to get some experience before buying and growing the good stuff. experiment and have fun with it.... gather information there's a bunch out there...

each light will cover 9 x 4 foot plants ( thats just over a square meter per light)

go for an indica to start with , i have alway found them hardier than sativas and more forgiving for a new grow . ( paradise seeds are very good for beginner growers and pros alike very good genetics)

u need a ph meter and an ec/pmm meter ( these are a MUST)

if u are gonna grow in soil dont use a moss based soil its far to acidic and the plants just wont perform. i suggest u get sum bio bizz soil or try Coco with Hydron /clay pebbles 50/50 mix.

your gonna need ph up and down

for nutes General hydroponics flora series (grow, micro,bloom) is fool proof for the novice grower and gives great results .

this is what u need to get u started . theres no point spending all that money on lights then only doing it by half measures . these rest is really trial and error but if u keep it simple ull always reap the rewards.

the golden rules are always keep ur water PH right . 5.8 for hydro and no more than 6.2 for soil . also take it easy when feeding them , start with an ec of 0.7 and increase it by 0.1 every week.