Hey guys,

New to the forum here. Greetings to y'all. I actually made this account because I have a specific question, but don't where to post it exactly. Hopefully I'm not asking something that's been asked to death, for I've been looking around the web and couldn't find an answer to my question.

So here's the deal. I'm a permanent resident (green card holder) and I'll soon be done with my two year probation period. I live in California now and really want to get a medical marihuana card since I would like to avoid any problems with the law. But since state and federal laws clash on this subject matter I'm confused to whether it would be beneficial or hindering in my situation. I mean, in California I bet it would be ok for me to get the card and everything would be better, but I'm wondering if I could get into trouble for having it anywhere else in the US, and particularly with the USCIS, where they could revoke my residency and deport me.

Any lawyers or connoisseurs here that can help me out, please?? Appreciated and many thanks in advance.

ps. I use marihuana for back problems, insomnia and sometimes when I have an upset stomach.
Dedoverde Reviewed by Dedoverde on . Is it a good idea to get a medical marihuana card as a green card (permanent resident Hey guys, New to the forum here. Greetings to y'all. I actually made this account because I have a specific question, but don't where to post it exactly. Hopefully I'm not asking something that's been asked to death, for I've been looking around the web and couldn't find an answer to my question. So here's the deal. I'm a permanent resident (green card holder) and I'll soon be done with my two year probation period. I live in California now and really want to get a medical marihuana Rating: 5