Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1666 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Name's THC. 2 days into DIY grow could use advice. =P

Midwestern self-medicating mm patient running a new deep water culture and a variety of lighting systems in a small well-ventilated room. Having trouble finding growing mediums in stores so I'm germinating in paper towels then planting in florafoam (best I could find in on short notice I know it's more appropriate for cloning or fresh cut flowers even). I have the whole setup up and running, for nutrients atm all I have is a bag of miracle grow shake n feed and a bottle of turf builder spray. I've been defusing the nutrient pellets in scalding water because I'm not messing with extended release ANYTHING =P (both even mixtures of the big three essentially, the turf builder being higher in nit). I don't have clay pellets yet or even net pots but I made some temps out of solo cups and I can use household stuff like a shower rack to make a tray if I need to. Currently I've built a cookie-cutter DIY deep water culture from a large storage tote (two actually). My whole system is very thifty and I put it together all at a fraction of my budget without cutting any corners with safety (by using many timers in two areas I was able to get everything running at a reasonable wattage without using any cheater plugs (2-to-3 prong converters). My air pumps are suspended from the ceiling and the whole system is flood-proof since it's a consideration here. I'd be very grateful for any feedback or advice, please tell me if I've missed anything obvious. Oh and it's nice to meet you all, sure we'll all have many bountiful grows together!
    THCnXTC Reviewed by THCnXTC on . Name's THC. 2 days into DIY grow could use advice. =P Midwestern self-medicating mm patient running a new deep water culture and a variety of lighting systems in a small well-ventilated room. Having trouble finding growing mediums in stores so I'm germinating in paper towels then planting in florafoam (best I could find in on short notice I know it's more appropriate for cloning or fresh cut flowers even). I have the whole setup up and running, for nutrients atm all I have is a bag of miracle grow shake n feed and a bottle of turf builder spray. Rating: 5
    All posted content is for novelty purposes only, all images and descriptions are duplicates from various sources and are not original content, and I take no liability for them.

2.   Advertisements

DWC going well about to go to the growstore. I'll be straight with the Cal-Mag I already bought (rinsing the tablets work well, til their not slippery/slimey anymore and I don't know if vegetarian or generic is better then any of the various brands.) Also been using peat moss tea and boron and native sulfur from a mineralogy kit from the 1950's. (I told you I was thrifty.) I would've gone to growstore already if not for recent weather and other conditions. Btw I'm loving Cancom, their me and my grow partner's special helper, making us feel like we're not in it alone. That's been invaluable to us and we'll always do anything to help this site and the people who keep these resources up, and we'll do it any way that we can, just ask. =P
    All posted content is for novelty purposes only, all images and descriptions are duplicates from various sources and are not original content, and I take no liability for them.

Alright I bought me some dutch masters because my best source for now was a hydro store. I've got my rockwool slab and my ph down and my meters and humidity dome, defense phasers set to stun, whats that oh nothing, got my variety of every type of light EXCEPT HID (for now, I did enough amateur carpentry for one night. Electrician too) I got some clay pellets and rooting hormone. Having my GP bring our other lights, aquarium heater, somethin' to smoke on, four new vaporizers from daily deal site, etc, kick it with wifey and blow loud. =P

I swear by my new reptile (appears a sky-blue) 10/30 UAV lights. *For reptile use only* says the package. You can get for a fraction of the price by buying at conventions and such. I also swear by free-with-purchase growstore humidity domes! The light penetration is vastly superior to your average clear storage bin, which is very important! GL and keep at it.