Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1684 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yellow leaves with spots

Attachment 297190Attachment 297191Attachment 297192

Hydro Growers:
    1. Are you growing from seed or clones?

clone

2. How old are your plants?

day 30 flower

3. How tall are your plants?

4 foot

4. What type of hydro system are you using?

NFT experimental (one plant)

5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?

Grow big hydro, big bloom, tiger bloom, FF schedule

6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?

7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?

8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?

9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?

62 F

10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?

Rise

11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?

fall

12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?

no

13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")

600w HPS x1 75%

14. How close are your lights to the plants?

9 inches (strain has tolerated this in the past)

15. What size is your grow space in square feet?

4 feet x 6 feet

16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?

t-77 h-44%
    17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?

not a single bug

18. How much experience do you have growing?

Not very much

Thank you to all that are helpful!
    TUF Reviewed by TUF on . Yellow leaves with spots 297190297191297192 Hydro Growers: 1. Are you growing from seed or clones? clone 2. How old are your plants? day 30 flower Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Yellow leaves with spots

Welcome aboard Tuf.

This is just a guess brah.
    So wait for someone who actually knows what they are on about before taking action, yah?
    But, it looks like a Phosphorus lockout.
    Is the main stem as red as the petioles?
    What are you using to adjust PH?

We expect some yellowing of the fan leaf at 30 days, but those spots are not what I'm used to seeing.

There's a symptom chart in the archives here.
    I'll go rat about and see if I can find it for ya.
    BRB

Edit:
    Text

Weezard

Yellow leaves with spots

Quessing the defiency side too. While growing this strain before you didn't have this problem, then in the hydro you have to supply every thing, and that one thing can bite you.

Weez don't you ever sleep?

Yellow leaves with spots

This looks like magnesium deficiency. Over the years, mg def has been blamed for many different appearances, but I think this is mg def because the brown spotting as shown here is very characteristic of the problem. If the brown spots first show up as yellow-golden spots, then later turn brown as the rest of the leaf turns yellow, then it's probably mg def. Interesting this has happened with your ferts, but read the labels and if they don't show much mg, then that's probably your problem. Also, at 30 days flowering the plants are dying naturally, which compounds grower confusion. It's probably time to harvest whatever the plant has produced and consider a different way of growing next time. Try DWC next time and if you want a different fert, I usually suggest dynagrow 7-9-5. But you can do whatever you want. Just a little more mg next time. Can you put up more pictures of the entire plant?

Yellow leaves with spots

Quote Originally Posted by Weezard
    Welcome aboard Tuf.

This is just a guess brah.
    So wait for someone who actually knows what they are on about before taking action, yah?
    But, it looks like a Phosphorus lockout.
    Is the main stem as red as the petioles?
    What are you using to adjust PH?

We expect some yellowing of the fan leaf at 30 days, but those spots are not what I'm used to seeing.

There's a symptom chart in the archives here.
    I'll go rat about and see if I can find it for ya.
    BRB

Edit:
    Text

Weezard
    Thanks alot weez. The main stems look healthy and stink nicely. These leaves were at the top of the plant. By the looks of the diagnosis charts its a k def. But i also see similar characteristics in most all the diagnosis chart pics.

Im using the botanicare ph products and aim for 6 and i dont chase.

Since i am out of town I am just having my caretaker top off the res with ph water (44 ppm out of tap) to keep it simple and treating it as a mid flower flush.
    So its day five of this little escapade and ppms still maintain ~1000

hmmm maybe my pens need calibration but they are fairly new...

Yellow leaves with spots

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    Quessing the defiency side too. While growing this strain before you didn't have this problem, then in the hydro you have to supply every thing, and that one thing can bite you.

Weez don't you ever sleep?
    Thank you tlranger i appreciate it...i think a good first step is a res change with sledgehammer root shower and no more smoking for my caretaker!

Yellow leaves with spots

Quote Originally Posted by polishpollack
    This looks like magnesium deficiency. Over the years, mg def has been blamed for many different appearances, but I think this is mg def because the brown spotting as shown here is very characteristic of the problem. If the brown spots first show up as yellow-golden spots, then later turn brown as the rest of the leaf turns yellow, then it's probably mg def. Interesting this has happened with your ferts, but read the labels and if they don't show much mg, then that's probably your problem. Also, at 30 days flowering the plants are dying naturally, which compounds grower confusion. It's probably time to harvest whatever the plant has produced and consider a different way of growing next time. Try DWC next time and if you want a different fert, I usually suggest dynagrow 7-9-5. But you can do whatever you want. Just a little more mg next time. Can you put up more pictures of the entire plant?

Great info Polish thanks alot! My tap water comes out at 44 ppm but the plant may have outgrown the tap water dosage of cal/mag. Ill see about some pics but its a nice 4x4x4 bush healthy and stinky as can be aside from those leaves. Bud progression is still going on and thriving. When I get in contact with my caretaker today I will get some more info and see if anything new happened with the plant during the dark cycle.

Yellow leaves with spots

"(44 ppm out of tap)"

Hmmm, we should have asked about that.

You have soft water.
    That makes me wonder if PP nailed it?

I used Dynagrow for a DWC run and found it lacking in Cal/Mag.
    My water runs 120ppm. but it's from Lava wells so almost none of that is Calcium.
    Seems like Dynagrow is formulated for tap water that already has some calcium in it.
    Added a tsp of Cal/Mag per 5 gallons and resolved my issue.

This far into flower, extra nitrogen is undesirable, so be sure to get the Cal/Mag without nitrogen.

@TL. Nope, hardly ever.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

Yellow leaves with spots

Quote Originally Posted by Weezard
    "(44 ppm out of tap)"

Hmmm, we should have asked about that.

You have soft water.
    That makes me wonder if PP nailed it?

I used Dynagrow for a DWC run and found it lacking in Cal/Mag.
    My water runs 120ppm. but it's from Lava wells so almost none of that is Calcium.
    Seems like Dynagrow is formulated for tap water that already has some calcium in it.
    Added a tsp of Cal/Mag per 5 gallons and resolved my issue.

This far into flower, extra nitrogen is undesirable, so be sure to get the Cal/Mag without nitrogen.

@TL. Nope, hardly ever.

Aloha,
    Weeze
    Ahh yah this is sounding promising. Last night i had the caretaker double the tap water in the res. Hopefully this will suffice for a few days until I can get home and pick up some cal mag.

Yellow leaves with spots

Got some pics of the whole plant but they are cell phone pics from my caretaker and all washed out from the hps...looks good though and buds are gettin bigger...doubled the tap water as of yesterday and there was no new signs of any trouble. Good call on the mag polish thanks a million.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast