Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1811 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Trying to prepare for my very first grow.

Like I said this gonna be my very first grow I can only have 6 mature plants at a time and 18 clones so to start I will be using seeds and I will be growing 2 Pure Afghan, 2 Romulan or Jack Herer (suggestions welcome) 1 Cole Train and 1 OG Skywalker. I will be growing in a 96"x48"x78" grow tent hanging 2 T5 lights in the tent and when it comes time to flower I will swap out the bulbs. A 6" fan and charcoal filter, rope ratchets to raise and lower the lights, and a dual outlet digital light timer to keep my cycles on schedule? Any suggestion for my newb ass cuz after the hardware is set I need to figure out the software of coil and fertilizers. ALL help will be greatly appreciated.
    Huntsman Reviewed by Huntsman on . Trying to prepare for my very first grow. Like I said this gonna be my very first grow I can only have 6 mature plants at a time and 18 clones so to start I will be using seeds and I will be growing 2 Pure Afghan, 2 Romulan or Jack Herer (suggestions welcome) 1 Cole Train and 1 OG Skywalker. I will be growing in a 96"x48"x78" grow tent hanging 2 T5 lights in the tent and when it comes time to flower I will swap out the bulbs. A 6" fan and charcoal filter, rope ratchets to raise and lower the lights, and a dual outlet digital light Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Hey Huntsman, sounds like a good plan. I would say add more lights if you are able and you can vent the tent properly to keep temperatures down. There are a lot of long-time growers on this site that use T5's and from what I've read, it seems they all use some on the top, sides, and even bottom for underlighting. It is hard to overlight if you keep the lights far enough away from the plants. Good luck, can't wait to see some pics.

Thanks for the info I will look into adding another light or two as I can afford it, as for venting I'm in Oregon so I will open the lower vent ducts and put a short piece of pvc pipe with a screen on it into them so the fan sucking air out of the top of the tent draws in cold air from the opposite side bottom vents. One thing I do need help with though is where to buy bulbs for the T5's. I am gonna need to swap out the veg bulbs for the flower bulbs but can't find anywhere to buy just the bulbs.

Nevermind I found the bulbs.