Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1334 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking for landlord

Ok, you're good to go on the lights. I use fox farm soils & nutes. Happy frog for seedlings & ocean forest in veg & flower (the ocean forest is strong enough to burn seedlings, happy frog is mild). If you can find pro-mix organic, that's an excellent soil too. Can be used from seedling to finish. I like to foliar feed with fox farm nutes too. Just mix it 1/4 strength in your spray bottle.
    -- Sounds like you're ready to go! Now go have some fun!

2.   Advertisements

Looking for landlord

Sweet thanks for the advice. So I should use Fox Farms and not Heavy 16 as another person suggested? I just want whats gonna be cheapest, quickest and easiest for my first grow or two until I start to know what I am doing.

Looking for landlord

If you want quality, but cheap, go with the pro-mix organic. Your not paying for advertising crap. They have a standard mix, which is only pHballanced spaghnum moss & perlite, no nutes. Great as a mix base for those who like to mix their own, or add all the nutes themselves, but I use & recommended pro-mix organics. Great organics, makes happy plants. I don't use nutes for quite a few weeks. The plant will tell you when its time. They start to get pale. Ocean forest is expensive, but its worth getting a small bag to mix into the pro-mix organic for the last transplant. What ever nute I use, I always start my plants at only 1/2 strength till they're used to it. Better safe than sorry, nute burn can be nasty.

Looking for landlord

Ok thats what i will do is go with the pro mix and ocean forest on last transplant but how many transplant am I gonna be making? I stat the seed ina small cube then end up in a 5 gallon smart pot but what about in between? 1 transplant maybe? cube to #3 to #5? I need a graph or something lol

Looking for landlord

I move up 1 gal at a time. You don't want to transplant untill the roots hit the sides of the pot & will hold the soil together, minimizes stress & transplant shock. You can tell when its time to transplant by how often you need to water. Never transplant dry, always water first.

Looking for landlord

Thats good advice thanks. So how often do you transplant then? I notice most strains seem to be ready to flower in 8 weeks you must transplant about every two weeks or so?

Looking for landlord

Another question is should I get one of those hydrometer to test soil water content or is it obvious when it's too dry? Also what about PH, do i have to test that constantly?

Looking for landlord

I like the meters that are multi use, measure light and moisture, but pretty quick you will be able to tell by looking and by how heavy the pot is.

Oh- kinda depends on your source, some fluctuate allot, most are pretty stable, testing to start would be good.

Looking for landlord

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman
    Ok thats what i will do is go with the pro mix and ocean forest on last transplant but how many transplant am I gonna be making? I stat the seed ina small cube then end up in a 5 gallon smart pot but what about in between? 1 transplant maybe? cube to #3 to #5? I need a graph or something lol
    I go cube, red solo cup, quart, gallon, might have one more size up before the 5. Going that big is going to increase you total time and going to take a lot of space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12