Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1647 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

CBD effect on Hepatitis

I have 2 brothers living who have been dx'd with Hepatitis C. Seeing how the 2nd largest concentration of CBD receptors is found in the liver I believe that there MUST be some positive effect using cannabis oil or elixirs.
    Anyone else know of any articles or experiences of this?
    Thanks!
    crystaliscious Reviewed by crystaliscious on . CBD effect on Hepatitis I have 2 brothers living who have been dx'd with Hepatitis C. Seeing how the 2nd largest concentration of CBD receptors is found in the liver I believe that there MUST be some positive effect using cannabis oil or elixirs. Anyone else know of any articles or experiences of this? Thanks! Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

CBD effect on Hepatitis

Been reading a lot, but haven't come across that one yet. But since it can't hurt, might help.

CBD effect on Hepatitis

when I find it I will post Cat….With the work on endo canabinoid system and the massive amounts of receptors found in the liver I cannot imagine that it would hurt…but I do think that the application of the oil may be different?
    Hope to find out soon- both are quite ill from the common medical treatments...

CBD effect on Hepatitis

Hard to believe how some treatments can make you feel worse than the disease, but its true. I think that shows the treatments sometimes need some refining. Chemo killed my dad before the cancer had a chance to. He'd been brainwashed by 'reffer madness' & refused to try any form of mmj. Youve no idea how much I hate the gov for that shit piece of propaganda!

CBD effect on Hepatitis

I've only read of one Hep-C patient that has taken the oil (RSO) for a cure. It didn't work; I have read data suggesting that Cannabis does 'cleanse' the liver. If the liver is already compromised too much, I doubt it would do much more than treat symptoms. It is definitely worth a shot for remission, though. The actual studies are somewhat conflicting.

From Granny StormCrow's List--from this site, there is a new update: Granny StormCrow's list of 2013:

HEPATITIS

Moderate Cannabis Use Associated with Improved Treatment Response
    Moderate Cannabis Use Associated with Improved Treatment Response in Hepatitis C Patients on Methadone

Cannabis use improves retention and virological outcomes in patients treated for hepatitis C
    Cannabis use improves retention and virological outcomes in patients treated for hepatitis C

Hepatitis C - The Silent Killer Can Medical Cannabis Help?
    AAMC: Hepatitis C - The Silent Killer

Study: Pot Helps Hepatitis Treatment
    Study: Pot Helps Hepatitis Treatment: The Hempire - [cannabis, britain]

Attenuation of Experimental Autoimmune Hepatitis by Exogenous and Endogenous Cannabinoids
    Attenuation of Experimental Autoimmune Hepatitis by Exogenous and Endogenous Cannabinoids: Involvement of Regulatory T Cells -- Hegde et al. 74 (1): 20 -- Molecular Pharmacology
    from NORML:
    Hepatitis C

Hepatitis C is a viral disease of the liver that afflicts an estimated four million Americans. Chronic hepatitis C is typically associated with fatigue, depression, joint pain and liver impairment, including cirrhosis and liver cancer.
    Patients diagnosed with hepatitis C frequently report using cannabis to treat both symptoms of the disease as well as the nausea associated with antiviral therapy.[1-2] An observational study by investigators at the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) found that hepatitis C patients who used cannabis were significantly more likely to adhere to their treatment regimen than patients who didn't use it.[3] Nevertheless, no clinical trials assessing the use of cannabinoids for this indication are available in the scientific literature.
    Preclinical data indicates that the endocannabinoid system may moderate aspects of chronic liver disease[4-5] and that cannabinoids may reduce inflammation in experimental models of hepatitis.[6] However, other clinical reviews have reported a positive association between daily cannabis use and the progression of liver fibrosis (excessive tissue build up) and steatosis (excessive fat build up) in select hepatitis C patients.[7-9]
    As a result, experts hold divergent opinions regarding the therapeutic use of cannabinoids for hepatitis C treatment. Writing in the October 2006 issue of the European Journal of Gastroenterology, investigators from Canada and Germany concluded that cannabis' "potential benefits of a higher likelihood of treatment success [for hepatitis c patients] appear to outweigh [its] risks."[10] By contrast, other experts discourage the use of cannabis in patients with chronic hepatitis until further studies are performed.[11-15]
    I know 2 activists with AIDS that use Uncle Tom's tincture and supplement with toke/vape; and it treats and keeps this disease in remission. I read a study 3 years ago that suggested cannabis 'cleans' the liver. If I find it again, I'll post it. My laptop died with all my links...so been 'fishing.'
    :thumbsup:There is no doubt it should treat Hep-C's symptoms.:jointsmile: pr

CBD effect on Hepatitis

Thank you Pain Retreat!

interesting thing- I gave him some lotion I made from extracted root material and he said it made him feel better- just using it on his skin, wonder if it actually helps by absorbing in?

Roots are extracted into coconut oil then made into lotion...

CBD effect on Hepatitis

I purchased some cannalotion and used it for sleep; I am certain it absorbs thru the skin. I did feel a bit high from the topical application of that lotion...the kids call me a light weight toker, though. It surprised me such a low topical dose worked, too. :rasta: pr

CBD effect on Hepatitis

It's not hard to make if you can make cannabudder you can make your own lotion and it is phenomenal