Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1692 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Weed Tea with a Southern twist

Earlier today I was trimming my 1 plant that is ready to be harvested, and I looked down at the pile of leaves left over.. now the stingy hoarder in me wouldn't allow me to just throw away all those leaves and stems that i worked so hard for over the last 6 months and decided to try something out... I had a flash back from like 10 yrs or so ago when I had heard about a iceman that was found up on some mountain ( turned out to be incan ?? anyone know what I am talking about ? ) that had the pot leaf in its hand and baggage.... so I got to thinking.. hell if the ancient Indians were using it some how, I just must be able to make some tea out of it :stoned: LOL so the invention began !!! After smoking a few bowls I drank my freshly brewed sweet weed ice tea.. it took awhile to hit me but when it did I got Veeeery mellowed out ... so now I know what to do with my left over trimmings.. hope this works out for yall and you all like it.. we down here in the south add lots of sugar to our tea so if you are not a big sweet tea drinker try not adding the sugar ?

Collect Bud leaves and fan leaves & grind or cut them up into smallish pieces .

get water to a roiling boil & add ground leaves to pot

let water & leaves boil for about 30 seconds and then add 2 family size nestle tea bags to boiling water

let water boil for 2-3 minutes depending on how hot you get your water.

remove from heat

let steep for 10 minutes ( to steep just leave off heat for 10 minutes )

remove tea bags and all leafy mixture ( I strained my tea water twice to make sure i got out the little bits of tea leaves that fell out of the tea bag )

add sugar to sweeten to taste.

add ice to cool down.

drink and enjoy !
    Da_Toker Reviewed by Da_Toker on . Weed Tea with a Southern twist Earlier today I was trimming my 1 plant that is ready to be harvested, and I looked down at the pile of leaves left over.. now the stingy hoarder in me wouldn't allow me to just throw away all those leaves and stems that i worked so hard for over the last 6 months and decided to try something out... I had a flash back from like 10 yrs or so ago when I had heard about a iceman that was found up on some mountain ( turned out to be incan ?? anyone know what I am talking about ? ) that had the pot Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Weed Tea with a Southern twist

My friend collects all of his leaves and then makes ice hash with them - He freezes his leaves till he has enough and then makes various qualities of ice hash.

Add a bit of lemon to the tea - I'm sure it will taste nicer :-)