Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1563 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Reducing THC Content in Cannabis Extracts

Quote Originally Posted by crystaliscious
    I read somewhere that just plain ole hemp has an incredibly high CBD level, was that just propaganda? anyone know?
    that is interesting, I had not heard that, that sounds like worth researching. You can buy hemp oil legally anywhere right now, I think. I ordered some from Dixie in Colorado last year, there is no THC but is supposed to be good for you. It tastes good too, they add cinnamon or something to it.
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

2.   Advertisements

Hemp oil is a whole different animal.
    It gets squeezed from the seeds.

Hemp does have trichomes, and resin glands.
    They are far from frosted, and what they do have contains very little THC.

CBD?
    Ah dunno.
    I'm off to look that up.
    L8r

W.

bring \'em all home.

[/align]

Bang! Zoom!
    Gotta love Google!

"Furthermore, industrial hemp has higher concentrations of a chemical called Cannabidiol (CBD) that has a negative effect on THC and lessens its psychoactive effects when smoked in conjunction. "

They also say that it's mostly the style of growing, (crowded), and culling of the females not grown for seed, that minimizes the amount of resin.
    Hmmm, that's got me thinkin'

See y'all later.

Aloha,
    Weeze

Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

I would love to hear what you come up with! At the last Norml meeting here in TN there was a large pushback from the 'good ole boys' against hemp- mainly because it could fertilize outdoor crops of high THC cannabis….
    If Hemp could make high CBD cannabis oil, it possibly could also be used for juicing?

Quote Originally Posted by crystaliscious
    I would love to hear what you come up with! At the last Norml meeting here in TN there was a large pushback from the 'good ole boys' against hemp- mainly because it could fertilize outdoor crops of high THC cannabis….
    If Hemp could make high CBD cannabis oil, it possibly could also be used for juicing?
    Yes, I've heard that concern before about hemp will ruin the nearby cannabis crops, that sounds reasonable to me too but I don't know a whole lot about it. I'd probably be worried too if I had outdoor crops any where near a hemp farm.

plus, hemp grows like a weed so I'm sure it would spread well beyond any planted fields.
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

I'm pretty sure the farm across the road will plant lots of acres, they want to make lots of money, and it use to be a cash crop around here in places. The remains of it are still in the ditches 40+ years later, even after the extreme eradication programs. Have heard pollen can go for miles, and my outdoor still has a seed or two, even after searches as far as I can walk it.

But I've been told my tin foil hat is a little tight.

I did look it up and it is a valid concern - it appears there needs to be a 200 mile radius and the growers are hoping to propose only one area in the west part of TN to grow hemp.
    However Hemp also has the high CBD that is terribly important on the medical front. I know KY grew it's first crop this year, maybe there is someone from KY that can tell us how thier crops faired?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12