Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1573 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

NEW GROWER - MANY QUESTIONS!

Hello everyone, I am a new grower and I am very excited to be among you!!! I am not a smoker myself. To be honest the reason I want to grow is to get some money into the family. My goal is to get a small harvest but of good quality pot and sell it to a few friends. I am reading and following step by step Ryan Riley's e-book, "How to Grow Elite Marijuana". However I still have a lot of difficulties, and a lot of questions. I don't even know if it is considered a good book, so I am also open to any suggestions.

1) I have bought 10 seeds of THAI SKUNK. Germination was successful so I placed them in soil and close to the window but they never pop out. I don't know what was wrong, temperature, medium, nutrients??? Does anyone grow that strain and have some suggestions? Thank you!

2) I did not want to spoil more of my THAI SKUNK seeds so I went ahead and planted 3 of the free ones 4th of December (There were 20 FREE with the order). These were germinated really fast and they also did amazingly well once I placed them into the soil. However after one week the stem looked to weak to sustain the leaves and the plant was bending down. I put a chop stick to support the plant is this ok? Is that normal, do you know what I could be doing wrong? In the book it said that I have to bend the stems Forward-Backward-Left&Right every day to make the stem stronger and then add a fan so the airflow moves the plants. I did this, so what do you think went wrong?

4 Days old (8th of December)
    Attachment 296732

9 Days old (13th of December)
    Attachment 296733

3) One of my plants managed to be standing without the support of the chop stick but the leaves don't look very good to me. Do you know what could be causing this wilting? I noticed that all of my plants look a bit like that at night and become more alive in the day, again is that normal? The picture is from last night, the (15th of December).

Attachment 296731

The following pictures are from today's morning (looking a little better) and also some general information:

Attachment 296734

Attachment 296735

Attachment 296736

They are close to the window under natural sun light, room temperature varies from 23-26C but the thermometer in the window can show up to 31c. Humidity is 43-51%. I have them in soil and I feed them HESI TNT Complexe.I did not quite understand what strain are my FREE plants exactly, this is what the AmsterdamSeeds said
    "The free seeds... We always try to create new better strains for our growers and improve the
    quality of our existing seed strains basing on our customers comments. Those experiments produce 100% viable cannabis seeds but not always with
    exact properties as planned. Genetics is not easy stuff to control. So we decided to hand out a pack of those little Frankensteins as a free
    gift with purchase for all of you to try out. It's an indica sativa mix (not feminized) and can be used for indoor and
    outdoor. Flowering time for indoor is about 9 weeks. The 20 free are randomly selected each day so that they are rotated for our
    regular customers."

That's all for now! I am very sorry for my poor English and thank you so much for your time!!!
    Sabina Reviewed by Sabina on . NEW GROWER - MANY QUESTIONS! Hello everyone, I am a new grower and I am very excited to be among you!!! ;) I am not a smoker myself. To be honest the reason I want to grow is to get some money into the family.:D My goal is to get a small harvest but of good quality pot and sell it to a few friends. I am reading and following step by step Ryan Riley's e-book, "How to Grow Elite Marijuana". However I still have a lot of difficulties, and a lot of questions. I don't even know if it is considered a good book, so I am also Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

1. when you germinate and then place into soil make shure the root is down but don't bury it to deep just enough to were the seed is slightly out and lightly water
    2.supporting the plant is good but being that young you could transplant up to the leafs probly be better
    3. the leafs are down at night because there is no light for the leafs to stretch and capture but if the are drooping in mid day then check the soil to see if they need to be watered
    4. I know you didn't have a fourth question but this is a suggestion
    if you are using nutients this early you will burn them plants really don't need anything but water until 3 to 4 weeks and I suggest reading the cannabis grow bible

but I have a question of my own

!. what seed company did you go through 20 free seeds sounds like a dream

Quote Originally Posted by growhand420
    what seed company did you go through 20 free seeds sounds like a dream
    Hello and thank you very much for your answers! They will help a lot. The company is Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds. It was top recommendation in the book.
    I have another question if you wouldn't mind.
    I am almost finished with my growhouse and I want to move my plants there. Do you think they will accept the sudden change, especially the change from sunlight to the artificial light? My lamp is a MH 400W 5000K.
    I really appreciate your help and your time!

Welcome Sabina,
    Please read over the rules regarding posting links to businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhandle
    Welcome Sabina,
    Please read over the rules regarding posting links to businesses.
    Thank you Shovenhandle. I am very sorry for that.

Hello, everyone. I am building my 1st Growroom. It's in the attic the dimensions are approximately 3,5x3,5m and height is 2m Maximum. I have not installed a ventilation system yet and I have to cover the floor with something as well. So the construction is not over yet but please if you have any advice or comments or anything to add on what I might be doing wrong, before it's over, I would very much appreciate to hear you. Thank you for your time!

Attachment 296801 Attachment 296802 Attachment 296803

Welcome, sit in anytime, that's a nice big attic area, ventilation will be important(temps) be ready, careful of snow melt on roof showing off location. Have fun

If you don't already have it, I think you may will active ventilation of the attic in general, especially for the summer months. Many houses have open eves and or vents located high on either end of the attic. You'll probably enjoy having a high output fan on a speed control to help with temperature control.

Hi, thank you so much for the comments guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    careful of snow melt on roof showing off location
    I would never have thought of that !!! Thanks!
    About the ventilation, I'll get it the soonest possible, however heat is not an issue yet. Just a few more questions if it is no problem...

1) Do you think I could connect the ventilation to the chimney, from inside the attic? Is it going to work, I hope the air won't move downwards and back into the house! What do you think?

2) Should I use white PVC for the floor as well? I can find stronger stuff in black that is why I am asking.

THANK YOU!!!

Hello once again,
    I'm posting an update of my first grow and also a question, if you could be so kind to help. I've read that an upward curl on the leaves along with some yellowish spots could mean a Nitrogen deficiency. However the plant is a seedling and I was advised not to use fertilizers until Vegetation starts, what should I do and are these really signs of Nitrogen deficiency? Thank you for your time people!

Nitrogen Deficiency:
    Attachment 296969 Attachment 296970 Attachment 296971

UPDATE on Grow:
    Attachment 296972 Attachment 296973

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast