Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1779 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

NEW GROWER - MANY QUESTIONS!

Heater should be propane via a vent .Plants get heat plus co2. Remember ventilation, circulation and humidity. I build a room in a room once you have full control. Oh and going from floursant to natural is OK just the timing has to be right if your running 12/12 then go outside in April they will get shocked and wonder where there light length went and if your running blue spectrum don't put them out in spring

After taking your cuttings, let them root well under long diffused light, before you sex them. Doing this to sex the originals?

If so watch for males in originals all the time anyway, any stress not just light cycle can make them pop.

Hi tlranger, yes I want to sex the 6 originals. I want them to stay in veg for another month then flower them. I am also thinking of keeping the clones, and if I liked the mom, grow them to a mother as well. Speaking of this, if you have the slightest idea about their strain let me know! Thanks!

4.   Advertisements

Really nice job on that hood! Looks great. Strain? Looks Indica to me, but are they all the same? That front one...

Just thinking out loud here, take cuttings - 10days to 2weeks to root, a week of veg, the originals may be more ready to flower, and if you have the clones marked, you would have your genetic copies and know which are your ladies ready to become new mothers month after that.

Quote Originally Posted by OMB
    Really nice job on that hood! Looks great. Strain? Looks Indica to me, but are they all the same?
    Thank you, so if I understand, you think the kit will work! No they are not the same strain, they are random free seeds. The company said that each year they replace all their stock with new and they randomly select 20 old seeds and give them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by OMB
    That front one...
    I don't know what you mean, some of my plants still show signs of stress. I have realized it was due to the Fertilizer and tap water. I used HESI TNT for Veg but the dosage was too strong and as for water I use only RO.

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    Just thinking out loud here, take cuttings - 10days to 2weeks to root, a week of veg, the originals may be more ready to flower, and if you have the clones marked, you would have your genetic copies and know which are your ladies ready to become new mothers month after that.
    If I understand, are you suggesting that I put the originals into flower right after I take cuttings? This will be my first attempt so I am not so sure I will succeed. So which cloning method would you suggest I am so confused... There are people claiming that even the good old method (cut - place in a glass of water) will work. Thank you guys, your help is really appreciated!

What lm thinking, something to think about. No silver bullets more of a quess.

Light looks great, we'll see how it functions.

Looks like the three bigger plants, sex unknown, veg state. What maybe 12" tall, would be good prospects. If you were to take the four bottom branches of each one to clone, you would be saving to genetics of each. Label each, 1, 2, 3 And label clones form same plant the same(I use markers made from plastic milk jug and perminate maker) all from 1 will be 1, all from 2 will be 2, and all from 3 labeled 3.
    Leaving these mothers or males in veg state, while you try to root your cuttings( take ten to 14 days). During that time the mothers still veging should grow maybe an inch a day, making them two foot tall at the end of this time. If one turns male on you, you can toss all of that same group. If your not successful cloning this first run, you can try a second with these still veging plants.
    At this point your mothers(hopefully at least two) will be about 24" tall, booming at this point(doubling in size) should finish at about a 4' plant. Any that turn male can be dealt with as a group. As the smaller ones approach the one foot mark, treat the same with corresponding new numbers to keep track.
    This should give you several potential mothers even if not all survive. When the known females mature you can pick your favorite using what variables you choose. Potency, morphology, cloneability, might be considered.
    At this point you should be ready to take off and expand with your choosen ones to the size of grow you wish.

This will take a veging - cloning area, and a bloom to finish area, two not connected by light(each with different light cycles).

Several good threads on cloning, hope I or others can answer questions you might have, I personally like floral foam, wet four times a day, sharp razor blade for clean cuts, and rooting hormones, dome to diffuse light and hold some humidity.

What happened, I got turned around on this thread....never mind (can't delete here)

Thank you for the info ranger! I'll do the cloning shortly and post pictures.

I wish a moderator here could move this thread to LOGS! I think I will keep this alive as a diary for a very long time!

Done and took some pictures,
    if you see something wrong throw a comment, thanks!

1) Soaked Rock wool cubes in Reverse Osmosis Water to neutrilize pH overnight.

Attachment 297936

2) Prepared my tools, cleaned everything with pure alcohol.

Tools: Scissors, razor, cutting board, spray bottle, perlite,
    glass of water, rooting gel, RW Cubes, Propagator tray & dome

Attachment 297938

3) Took 3 cuttings, from lowest branches
    and placed them in water right away.

Attachment 297939

4) Removed the lower nodes.

Attachment 297940 Attachment 297941

5) Cut big leaves in half.

Attachment 297942

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast