Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1529 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

NEW GROWER - MANY QUESTIONS!

Hi Sabina. Here is a quote regarding Nitrogen deficiency:

Lower leaves first appear pale green. The leaves then yellow and die as the N travels to support new growth. Eventually the deficiency travels up the plant until only the new growth is green, leaving the lowest leaves to yellow and wither. Lower leaves die from the leaf tips inward.

That does not exactly appear to be like the symptoms shown in your pictures. I am not sure what the yellow dots might be on your plant. Is that the only plant with those symptoms?

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by d00g
    That does not exactly appear to be like the symptoms shown in your pictures. I am not sure what the yellow dots might be on your plant. Is that the only plant with those symptoms?
    Hi and thanks for answering! Yes that is the only plant looking like that. It's weird because all my plants were identical. The seeds came out of the same bag, germinated in the same spot, planted in the same soil etc.. Also if you did not notice it's only the lower leaves (first two real leaves) that appear with yellow dots. The only other thing I could think of is oxygen, because I don't have a ventilation system yet. Could this be the symptoms of poor ventilation? I aerate the room 3 times daily manually. Thank you very much!

1-the heat will rise, the chimney will even help it, keep all your runs going up hill. A fan to get it going.

2- white is better, if possible, black for black out.

Quote Originally Posted by tlranger
    1-the heat will rise, the chimney will even help it, keep all your runs going up hill. A fan to get it going.
    2- white is better, if possible, black for black out.
    Thank you for the info tlranger!

Fan running on plants 24-7, helps with all kinds of disease and pests, if I see spots, I worry about pests. Look under side of the leaf(might use some magnification, some suckers are small)

Your in veg, but start feeding real slow, may be 1/4 what they recommend. Till you see they like it. Don't want to burn them up.

Also see your under natural light, plus your grow light, you need lots of light time to start. Maybe 18 hours straight.

Hello tlranger and thank you so much for your time here. I'll go check under the leaves right away. I only had my plants under natural light in the beginning. Now they are under a 400W 5000K MH 24/7. However I am not sure, is one lamp enough for now or should I get another one? I have also heard that 24hrs makes no difference compared to 18hrs and so it is a waste of energy, is it true? Thanks!

A much discussed subject around here, I go 24-7 many go 18. I go 24 because when I give them to others or go outside, they haven't decided when night time is. Example I bloom at night, when my power usage is at a minimum. Have friends that lights on during day, cause that easier for them.

I checked the leaves, they are clean. Plus I clean the floor and walls with bleach once a week. Tools and equipment were also sterilized before entering the growroom. Thank you for all the info trlanger!

Sounds like your working hard at this, and it will pay off.

Bottom leaves, these were there from the beginning(of course), but these saw natural light for a while then got moved to your light. I wonder if this could have had an effect, intensity can burn. Wondering if your window was nice diffused light which the babies did well under, moving under your MH may have stressed them. But your new growth looks good and is now acclimated to new environment.??? Quessing, but it's hard from a picture.

Dots still say bugs to me, your working hard to stay clean, but your dirt is still dirty, and its hard to sterilize your body and you can be a carrier. Have read here, that drier sheets on top of dirt can be a good preventative measure for soil born stuff. A piece of typing paper placed under plant, tap the leaf then hunt the paper for sign easier to see.

I might worry more about about chlorine than oxygen. Ventilation will be important, but your plants look good in the new growth. Watch the new growth for spread of problem.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast