Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1492 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First grow pictures. Some unknown strains feedback please!

My first grow. Let me know what you think. The first pic is a Sativa dominant that I believe is a Purple Haze. I had the room a little too cold at night so I got really purple buds. The second picture is an Indica dominant that has a very dense bud and good development, but I am not sure what the strain is called. Anyone have any ideas or feedback? The third picture is some of the Sativa bigger top buds. Very pretty plant.

Attachment 296719Attachment 296717Attachment 296718Attachment 296719
    matthlac Reviewed by matthlac on . First grow pictures. Some unknown strains feedback please! My first grow. Let me know what you think. The first pic is a Sativa dominant that I believe is a Purple Haze. I had the room a little too cold at night so I got really purple buds. The second picture is an Indica dominant that has a very dense bud and good development, but I am not sure what the strain is called. Anyone have any ideas or feedback? The third picture is some of the Sativa bigger top buds. Very pretty plant. 296719296717296718296719 Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Very pretty buds, man! Such beautiful colors and tasty looking flowers. Were these soil-based or hydro? Give us some info!

Quote Originally Posted by d00g
    Very pretty buds, man! Such beautiful colors and tasty looking flowers. Were these soil-based or hydro? Give us some info!
    Thanks! That means a lot. I grew in soil mixed with bat guano and they seemed to do well in it. I have two small indoor greenhouses, and 125 W FL lights. Not the best set-up for the biggest buds, but good for personal grows and being inexpensive. Couple more pics of the Sativa. She was one big girl for the size room I had. I had to tie her down, but she reached over 45 inches tall.

that's great for your first grow!!! and its so beautiful havnt grown one so colorful yet but definatly want to know and if you have big plants like that and little area try looking into topping fim and super cropping and also scrogging

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't plan on her getting so big. Here is the main Sativa buds nice and trimmed.

very nice grow..

question is it the strain that makes the nice purple colors ? or something nutrient wise ?

Quote Originally Posted by matthlac
    My first grow. Let me know what you think. The first pic is a Sativa dominant that I believe is a Purple Haze. I had the room a little too cold at night so I got really purple buds. The second picture is an Indica dominant that has a very dense bud and good development, but I am not sure what the strain is called. Anyone have any ideas or feedback? The third picture is some of the Sativa bigger top buds. Very pretty plant.

Attachment 296719Attachment 296717Attachment 296718Attachment 296719
    Wow, those are your first grow?
    Awesome! sure would like to be able to grow.
    How do you know theyk are sativa or indica if you don't knw the strain identity?
    Must have looked at the phenos, the height, the size of leaves?

Thanks all! Yes my first grow, but I took a lot of time to research before hand, and I spend a lot of time with them. Most strains can go somewhat purple if the temps drop too much at night. However, some strains are much more vibrant to this color change and can change much easier. The strain I think the Sativa dominant is, Purple Haze, clearly has purple in her, so it really shows. As for knowing Sativa or Indica, it shows pretty early on which is dominant with height of the plant and adult leaves.

Well definitely great job. I will be proud if my first grow turns out as pretty as yours! What are the plans for your next grow? Any upgrades or changes that you're planning on making, or are you looking to repeat the same success of this grow?

Thanks! I worked pretty hard yesterday to insulate the room a little and keep it warmer. I think that will really help me get bigger buds. The only thing I am doing going forward is grow smaller plants, with quicker yields. Good luck on your grow, and let us know how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast