Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1741 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

new dude grow

no one has an idea whats up with my little down syndrome girl?^^^^^^^

new dude grow

I've had weird plant growth like that. Sometimes they even seem like they want to vine. Doesn't seem to affect anything, just looks weird. Usually they start growing normal as they mature. It doesn't affect budding at all. Guess its like people, some are just born weird looking! Kind of reminds me of a girl I once worked with. She had absoulty NO fingers, she was born with 10 thumbs! You've heard the expression, 'all thumbs'? Well she was. Not a thing wrong with them, they functioned fine. She was a beautiful girl & guys drooled over her.... untill they noticed her hands. Just a little something that caused a deformity. Every one of those I've had like that that were female. Dont know if that was just coincidence, or a mutation concerning a sex-linked gene. Either way, it doesn't effect flowering. Everything sounds & looks great. Dont worry about your little downs syndrome baby. Its just a little oddity!

(Almost looks like it wants to be a tomato! LOL!)

new dude grow

budbro sometimes leaf distortion in plants can be a sign of N toxicity, but I doubt that's the case here. I have a plant I'm nursing along which is a mutant of some sort. Some people told me to get rid of it, but catbuds encouraged me to hang on and nurture it. It still looks weird (gnarled, puckered leaves and very small form), but it's green and sturdy. Eventually I'll throw it into 12/12 and see what happens.

5.   Advertisements

new dude grow

thats what people told me..."dont waste your time" but i was like dude this is my first grow..why not just grow it and see what i get..my logic is it could be some ancient crazy genetic strand that has been dormant for the past 2 million years...and i just found the cure for stupid...hey it could happen....

new dude grow

Attachment 297299Attachment 297300Attachment 297301Attachment 297302Attachment 297303Attachment 297304

wanted to give a better look at my equipment....two ufos...on 240 watt board...one t5 4bulb two footer hanging sideways and a 6inch in line fan to keep positive pressure in the tent to see if it doesnt help keep critters out....makes house smell good though

new dude grow

Budbro, you find the cure for stupid? Well throw some my way. I have a few people around here that could use a cure like that before I'm forced to kill them! I'd just watch the little 'tomato plant' grow & see what happens. What can it hurt? I think it will grow out of it somewhat & proceed as normal.

new dude grow

Do like looking at these pictures of led grows, think they look so cool. Wonder if this is causing your piling of leaves?

new dude grow

I did have similar experience with my LED-fed indica plants when they were about that small. It appeared to me that the leaves were growing so wide and bushy that they were growing into each other. It appeared that whatever individual "leaf finger" (I don't recall what the inidivudal lengths on a leaf arecalled) was smaller ended up getting "pushed aside" by the larger "finger", and growing like that for several days, the smaller would kinda warp to the shape it was being pressed in. As my 2 ladies have grown larger, the leaves are larger and more spaced out, and they are not pressing into each other the way they were when tiny. However, I have kept up with minor pruning and LST to help with light penetration, air flow, and to keep them growing in the directions I want them to grow. If I had not been pruning as much, maybe they would still be too bushy and have leaves growing into each other.

So keep an eye on it! Love seeing another LED setup, looks like your ladies are getting PLENTY of light!

new dude grow

yea thats my next subject of discussion pruning....what do you cut and what do you not cut...like i get the general idea of nodes and shit, but will i hurt the plant if i start cutting fan leaves away to get light to lower nodes...whats the genral rule of thumb when pruning...and wheres my island man WEEZARD at...catbuds...id gladly give EVERYone some..it would be a requiremnet of mine that everyone is issued a dose at birth...i would make sure this happend when i sold the genetic strand to the gov....all about the fine print...and it would be FO FREE..but not for the government...they stay robbing me...just got pulled on my motorcycle CRUISIN and they got me for 300 large:wtf: but guess thats the price one must pay to play hard...but back to pruning...yea my little low ryder def needs some and so does down syndrome susie....like the doog said leaves are growing into each other

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast