Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1760 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

new dude grow

Yes, Weez is right, the rotting and the mold and other diseases, progress more rapidly at the higher temps. What I am saying is that I want the cuttings to take off, and grow roots before this starts. As soon as the end becomes infected then the cutting loses its ability to take up water, and then is more susceptible to any of the above.

The cold, which Weez might not have on the island, slows the cutting down, which allows these things to occur, but doesn't CAUSE them to occur. The cause is the plant pulling these bad things in though the stem, which is unfiltered by the root tissue. There are many cell membranes in the roots that are made to keep the bad stuff out. It grows in dirt but you'll find no dirt inside a healthy stem, the roots are picky that way.

The warmth that I supply just keeps the new cutting at an optimum growing condition, so that the roots can form at the sharp cut end, or the spilt area which some prefer, or the scraped area on the stem. some like. My fav is the node point under the medium that contains cells that are still deciding what they want to be. These can quickly become roots and thus filters to take up what the plant really wants, not just anything available. Example, some color flowers by cutting and placing in dye, with roots to filter this doesn't happen.

Air layering may be the ultimate answer, but far too labor intensive for the numbers I want.

So basically I'm thinking it's a race, between the plant growing roots, and the invasion of whatever might be able to kill it. The temp gives the root development an edge, and that is why I use the distilled water, the cleanest I could think of (free of pathogens) is just another advantage. The rootting hormones protect and encourage, which is another edge.

But I am just an old fart, who found something that works for me, and am guessing as to why it works. Placing the cuttings in a glass or beer bottle filed with clean water(no pathogens) probably protects the stem while it tries to reroot. Plus if it has be sterilized, by your water man, so much the better.

Take with a grain of salt, they are few things in science we know "all" about.

2.   Advertisements

new dude grow

If one were to sprinkle Mycorrhizael powder into the growing medium (or dip the bottom of the cutting in it before putting in the growing medium), would this help in the use of RO/distilled water because it adds positive bacteria and fungus? I have been told to sprinkle the powder around the new growing medium when transplanting a whole plant to a new pot and make sure the roots are touching the powder for the beneficial bacteria and fungi, so wouldn't the same concept apply to a cutting?

new dude grow

well update on the seeds after 12 hours...got some superseeds... or something all have burst the seed shell and three out of 4 have the tap root already out...gunna wait till about 1/4 inch and put em in some dirt...and start ALL over

new dude grow

i think im gunna make a new grow log for this second batch of seeds...what yall think or should i keep it on this one?

new dude grow

Quote Originally Posted by budbro28
    i think im gunna make a new grow log for this second batch of seeds...what yall think or should i keep it on this one?
    I think you should start a new one. New Grow, New plants, new log. I think it will keep those results clearer than adding pages to your first grow.

new dude grow

Quote Originally Posted by Chromophore
    Not sure why I'm cloning all this stuff anyway. I haven't even had my first harvest yet.
    It's really hard to clone after you harvest, having said that I know that you can reveg. But by the time you get to the smoke report time, even that opportunity may be passed. Then your sitting in the way chair with your buds saying this number 5 is some really good sh#t, wish I had more.

new dude grow

:jointsmile: yes start a new one, we've already jacked this one enough, give us a new one to work on.:thumbsup:

new dude grow

Hahahahaha....You are right ranger!

new dude grow

haha will do...ill start it up when i plant em in some dirt....

new dude grow

would actinovate be a suitable fungacide to dip the cutting in? or sprinkle in the rockwool to keep from funky shit happening...open'd doom and got a funky dirty sneaker smell

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast