Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1592 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

new dude grow

Hey budbro very nice setup! I love they way you've done your lights for quick and easy adjustment. I too am on my first grow and have found the folks around here helpful and encouraging. Definitely Some good smart people around here. I love that Foxfarm Ocean Forest and have used it for years starting tomatoes and many other plants as well. It is a really well formulated soil. But as Catbuds warned, it's pretty rich stuff. I know the Foxfarm schedule calls for adding nutes, but most people who have been helping me stressed that I really didn't need them during early and mid veg. I just kept transplanting to a slightly bigger pot as they became bound so they could get a shot of fresh medium. Usually added some Bigbloom at transplant and molasses the next watering. I was amazed at how lush and happy the plants were in straight soil and no added nutes. I've used some high-priced soil mixtures over the years but that Ocean Forest is the best commercial stuff I've come across. Looking forward to learning how to make my own in the future. Good job on the grow!

new dude grow

Might need a little N starting out, not much easy to burn, after first flowers then the P&K.

Like weez said more veg, more bud, more weight.

3.   Advertisements

new dude grow

just took out the all red led...gunna see whats up...t5 and the 240watt for now...

new dude grow

i think the red led tricked one of my sprouts right into bud or something cause i have a one inch stem and then tight little cluster leaves looks like the begining of a cola...ever heard of? or could it just be a genitcally fucked up plant...kinda confused as to why this one plant is acting so weird....

new dude grow

Google phenotype.

I also see this when the roots get tangled.

Seed gets planted wrong end up.
    Root tip emerges, makes it's U-turn, sees daylight, heads back down and loses the fulcrum needed to shed it's husk.
    That uses up all the energy stored in the seed and the plant stress-flowers with a tangled rootball.

Attachment 296772Attachment 296773

Or. it could be something else.

Aloha,
    Weezard

new dude grow

i know i planted it the right way it had like half an inch tap root...it was growing fine, added the red led and it started growing funky...

new dude grow

oh and hit em with 1/2 tablespoon of the big bloom today...and gave em a hearty watering...they seemed to perk up with that...after an hour had a little droop, was like oh shit...came back 4 hours later...leaves had upward point and looked lush dark green..:clap:

new dude grow

Quote Originally Posted by budbro28
    i think the red led tricked one of my sprouts right into bud or something cause i have a one inch stem and then tight little cluster leaves looks like the begining of a cola...ever heard of? or could it just be a genitcally fucked up plant...kinda confused as to why this one plant is acting so weird....
    Ahh, Bro. Sounds like it could be the early start of a "celery stalk". Weird little mutation, flattened stem, looks very much like a celery stalk, & the bud forms funny, little tight round clump, not much production there, but many people grow out this little oddity as a conversation piece. When it starts out like this, early on the main stem, the whole plant is affected. But often its just a side branch. .... But Wheeze could be right. Only time will tell what's really up!

new dude grow

Hey budbro there are viruses that live in a more or less "dormant" state in plant's DNA. Often the phenomenon Catbuds is describing, as well as other seemingly sudden odd growth pattern results from some type of stress signaling the viral DNA to start doing it's thing. Many of these plant viruses are harmless. They just cause weird growth habits or strangely patterned color. Some horticulturists actually breed the viral mutants due to their interesting appearance, e.g. certain varieties of rose, philodendron and euphorbia. I'm not saying that's what's going on here, I just find it fascinating. In my work I grow Salvia divinorum (Diviner's Sage) and it occasionally suffers from this. I'm just rambling on about weird plant science. Trust your elders on this one.

new dude grow

yea i need to get some pictures uploaded...i dont know how though

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast