Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1327 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

new dude grow

Weezard doesn't that clawing look like nitrogen toxicity to you?

2.   Advertisements

new dude grow

WHAT DO I DO....this is one of those moments i want to be told exactly what to do...hand needs to be held through this one and are they early enough along that this wont drastically effect outcome? or have i fucked up beyond repair...these are the specifics needing answering.

new dude grow

If I knew exactly what to do, I'd tell you in a new york second.
    But, I'm just guessing here, without first hand experience, I can not give solid advice.

And actually, I'm not your go-to guy for repairs.
    For arcane information, and research, I'm useful, but you need a real grower for serious problems.
    Everyone is a good grower until something bad happens.
    That's when ya separate the men from the me.

Standard troubleshooting procedure says, undo the last thing that you did.
    As to how?
    Well, I'd have to look that up.
    Might take quite a while.

Most of the old timers here can advise you much mo' betta.
    So, document, as clearly as you can, the steps that got you to this point.
    Then, ask Dutch, n Polish n Chromophore, n everybody else.

Meanwhile, try to relax, brah, no get mad, get busy.

Read this while you wait:
    Text

Aloha and good luck,
    Weeze

new dude grow

here is what happened...went out of town...watered them with plain tap water and was gone 4 nights....for the three plants total...i only use about a gallon of water every other day...this is my watering cycle...but being gone for the 4 days on plant started to show signs of needing water...so instead of mixing up one gallon batch of nute'd water i did TWO gallons...followed the same measuring requirements too....i watered the three plants with the one gallon, and then watered the three again with the second, and had very little run off...went to bed, thinkin im a good parent...woke up to a train wreck...oddly enough my little wierd growing plant from the begining is the only one not showing any signs of stress or burn or anything...why would this be when all three got equally the same dosage...ive got fox farms sledgehammer that will be used tommorrow...i flushed the two plants with twice the amoutn of water the pots hold (ie 3 gallon smart pot got 6 gallons of water to flush it)
    weez thanks for the read on it now...
    can my old heads chime in here? as weez says the real growers (hes def a real grower FYI man knows his shit)

new dude grow

I would defer to Weezard every time, but I'll give you my best take. Based entirely on what you have said, I can't see how this could be simply related to this recent watering schedule. From the photos it appears at first glance to be nitrogen toxicity, which results from severe over-feeding with High N fertilizer, especially over a period of time. But the bronzy scarring developing in the spaces between veins looks like either some kind of nutrient deficiency, another form of toxicity, or mite damage. You claim no mites, so I'm going with a real fundamental screw-up in nutrient availability. Erratic watering can cause stress, but this seems like more than that. I would avoid doing anything drastic right away. You don't want to compound the problem by adding another stress if you don't know if you're addressing the correct problem. Running clean water through them for the next few waterings sure can't hurt, and it may help flush out whatever imbalance may be present. Think carefully about how you mix up your mater/nutes. Is it possible you are formulating improperly? Are you feeding on successive waterings rather than alternating with plain water?

In my experience with indoor horticulture, the main source of problems for people stem from either over-watering, erratic conditions, or over-feeding. I find that in the Cannabis growing community there is a near religious zeal to feed, feed, feed. Plants are damn good at utilizing the nutes in the medium, even when it's not ideal. I always err on the side of less fertilizer, especially nitrogen. If your water and soil are out of the 5.5-7 range you will develop things like this also. Its a pain but you need to monitor those things CONTINUOUSLY. As Weezard says, you're a great grower until something goes wrong, then you're only as good as the records you keep, because that's the only way you can solve the puzzle accurately. There are many many variables at work so the more you can account for, the better. Post more pics of the leaves if you can. I'd like to see more examples. Don't worry, we'll figure it out.:jointsmile:

new dude grow

Attachment 297684Attachment 297685
    this is my "down syndrome" plant that has gotten the same feeding as all the others...but doesnt show any stress really...
    sorry for the post frenzy today...been a stressful day today....with this and my wife...its like normandy beach right now (she's in heat) lol she would literally castrate me if she knew i said that about her. love ya babe:thumbsup:

chromorph-i have been keeping water right about 6.1-6.3 and switching feeding them nutrients every other watering....i dont think i deviated from the schedule, but could be very possible....going out of town for a few days kinda throws a wrench in the morning ritual of waking up peeing then tending my ladies (no not the wife she gets "tended" regularly and i dont seem to fuck that one up) has any one else done this? just royal fucked up mid way and they came back? so much for focusing on maintaining a healthy crop this go around...

new dude grow

Nobodys mentioned what happens when nutes hit dry roots..........

new dude grow

Ah, good. more pics. Man I will tell you those pics you just posted on the previous page look like nutrient burn to me. These girls above look good, but very green and perhaps a touch over-fed. I have a book called Marijuana Garden Saver by J.C. Stitch (edited by Ed Rosenthal). It is a small encyclopedia of plant problems with lots of pictures. You may want to get a copy.

new dude grow

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    Nobodys mentioned what happens when nutes hit dry roots..........
    what happens?

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast