Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1680 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mites...two wks to harvest. Please help.

This is my first indoor grow, a whole new experience because I've always grown my medicinal cannabis outside. I am 2 1/2 wks from harvest and everything in the flower room is infested with spider mites. The mites have black bodies, I've never seen anything like them, am I correct in assuming they are mites? I have 4 Jack Herer, 2 THC Bomb, 2 1/2 wks from harvest, I also have 2 Love Potion and 1 Cotton candy with 4wks to go. I've tried everything to beat the mites, insecticidal soap sprays, garlic & pepper mist, Bang...but they seem to have got the best of me. I have tried to purchase Neem oil, but so far unable to find it here. So far, from what I can tell the mites have not entered my veg room where there are ladies waiting to go to the flower room. I know it is only a matter of time before the mites show in the veg room. I have been advised to toss everything and start over??! Would this be the best approach, sterilize and start from scratch? Being so near to harvest I know there really isn't a lot I can do as far as adding any chemicals. I am at a loss and don't know what to do, please advise??
    2bfree Reviewed by 2bfree on . Mites...two wks to harvest. Please help. This is my first indoor grow, a whole new experience because I've always grown my medicinal cannabis outside. I am 2 1/2 wks from harvest and everything in the flower room is infested with spider mites. The mites have black bodies, I've never seen anything like them, am I correct in assuming they are mites? I have 4 Jack Herer, 2 THC Bomb, 2 1/2 wks from harvest, I also have 2 Love Potion and 1 Cotton candy with 4wks to go. I've tried everything to beat the mites, insecticidal soap sprays, Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Any ideas, advice I would be so grateful. Should I just start over? I am truly heartbroken.

Man, I wish I could help ya, somebody will help u identify those bugs. I read about a foliar spray product that finishes plants quick if u need to I think it's called ripen. I don't have personal experience with it. Maybe u use that then chop your plants and bleach everything and start over. I'm really not sure if this is sound advice, felt bad for ya and wanted to at least post something... Gl

Thank you so much, just to hear a kind word at this time is a real lift. I have seriously been giving some thought to the start over idea, but it is one of the hardest decisions to make, as I'm sure you and everyone knows. I've done a lot of reading about spider-mites, but still can't find any that look like what I've got. It would be wonderful to at least know what I've got, it'll give me an idea on what to throw at them if I were to continue the fight. My check this morning revealed another disturbing thing. One plants flowers have all turned brown, basically overnight. Do you think I'm about to battle with a hermie hiding in the bud room???? I think somewhere in the distance, sadly I can hear the fat lady beginning to sing...

Hermies, now there's something I do know about. Never had one turn buds brown or make them die off. It's not that.

I gotta Learn more about pests. I have been so fortunate I have never had any kind of pest issue. But, the day will come.
    I avoid clones from friends, friends who grow in my grow room, and the hydro stores.

Have u looked up pictures of rood aphids, thrips, fungus gnats, and spider mites? Those are most of the bugs ppl seem to have issue with. Can u post more pics?

Do u have any way of looking at the trichs?

If I were close to harvest, as u are I might wanna chop early, rather than potentially lose all!

I have a great way, I think, to get those bugs off your buds after harvest. Running an experiment right now!

Check out: http://boards.cannabis.com/advanced-...d-washing.html

Quote Originally Posted by 2bfree
    This is my first indoor grow, a whole new experience because I've always grown my medicinal cannabis outside. I am 2 1/2 wks from harvest and everything in the flower room is infested with spider mites. The mites have black bodies, I've never seen anything like them, am I correct in assuming they are mites? I have 4 Jack Herer, 2 THC Bomb, 2 1/2 wks from harvest, I also have 2 Love Potion and 1 Cotton candy with 4wks to go. I've tried everything to beat the mites, insecticidal soap sprays, garlic & pepper mist, Bang...but they seem to have got the best of me. I have tried to purchase Neem oil, but so far unable to find it here. So far, from what I can tell the mites have not entered my veg room where there are ladies waiting to go to the flower room. I know it is only a matter of time before the mites show in the veg room. I have been advised to toss everything and start over??! Would this be the best approach, sterilize and start from scratch? Being so near to harvest I know there really isn't a lot I can do as far as adding any chemicals. I am at a loss and don't know what to do, please advise??

MIGHTY WASH!! I had the same problem and I eliminated them with ONE application. I can't say enough how good it worked for me.
    15 bucks and they are done. I feel your pain my friend, I was in the same boat.

I'll have to try mighty wash, if I get them again.

I went with vapor, because they were so close to harvest.

The shell no pest strip took out the adults right away.
    After a week, the new hatch all died.

Worked so well that I sealed my shower stall, and put my outdoor girls in it with a strip.
    2 hrs. a day for 7 days.

Then had 2 weeks to air out the buds and did an H2o2 wash of the harvest, just in case.
    No snap, crackle, pop from burning bug bodies, no off tastes, or smells.

Neem smell like vomit to me, and it is toxic to humans.
    That, and it's not very effective from what I've watched and read.

Just my 2 cents, TIOLI.

Aloha,
    Weezard

No pest strip early in the game, next grow will take a clean up, that's when I the to kill the little xxxx, get a strip in the veg room now for prevention

Thanks everyone, you have all been so helpful. Can you buy MIGHTY WASH and the pest strips in Canada, any thoughts as to where? I'd like to put the pest strips in my veg room as you have advised here. I know Neem oil is no longer available, it has been pulled from all shelf's here. I have been looking for Azamax for future grows (use in the veg room only), I have found it available through Amazon (Canadian). Not sure if it will be pulled as well because it contains neem oil. The reason I'm trying to grow myself, is that I'd like to know that my medicinal weed is chemical/poisons free. But in my frustration I believe I have broken my own cardinal rule and applied such things as bang, and before the appearance of the bud I have used Demetrius Earth (not good to inhale). My dear hubby is telling me to hang in there, don't give up, but I'm feeling in my gut it is already too late. Would a wash as suggested here be of any help for the buds in removing the bugs and DE? Maybe I should work at saving my 2 Love Potion and Cotton candy? They look like strong healthy plants, they are in flower, but do have mites as well, not as bad (YET). Maybe it would be best to focus only on them. Thoughts? If I should decide to start from the beginning how do I sterilize my grow room? I've heard that the vapor from bleach is harmful to the plants, is this so? Forgive me for rambling, nerves are a frazzled. Thank you once again for all of your kindness.

I have picked up the no pest strips. My veg rm is 120sq ft and my flower rm is 120sq ft. So would 1 strip in each room be correct? Do i seal the rooms up and place a test strip, how long 24hrs? should the humidifier and fans be off during this time? Is there a recommended time to put them in the rooms, dark or light? I have water misted my love potion & cotten candy to remove any residue. They have not had DE put on them, so i feel comfortable about smoking/vaping them. I have tossed the jack & thc because they were so sickly. When all is clean I will start some more seeds. Please advice on using the strips.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast