Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1689 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Mites...two wks to harvest. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bfree
    Yes I know a better camera is needed. If possible, I think next time I'll try my 7D. Another issue I'm having in taking a good shot is that I'm using LED lights, terrible for the camera.

So, turn them off, or wait until lights out and use white light to take the shot.
    I use leds too and am guilty of expecting others to see them like I do.
    Using a flash helps with portrait shots, but wipes out close-ups.

If you are just plucking fanleafs, take them out in the sun and get a good shot, yah?

The magnifier I'm using is a Carson 30x, not all that they claim. I can see the bugs move during magnification, not sure if I would consider them fast. As I said, they have black bodies and beige/cream colored head. I've only ever seen the red ones, not these. I will look to see their progress (living/dead) . What is a predator mite, are they harmful to the plant as well?

What do you mean edit my signature?

Once again thank you all for all of your assistance and suggestions.

That quote at the bottom:

"Young biologist at Complutense University in Madrid - Mounting evidence shows â??cannabinoidsâ?? in marijuana slow cancer growth, inhibit formation of new blood cells that feed a tumor, and help manage pain, fatigue, nausea, and other side effects. Sep 6, 2012"

It is incorrect.
    Please go to your profile page and modify or remove the erroneous statement.
    This part:
    "inhibit formation of new blood cells that feed a tumor"
    Should read:
    "inhibit formation of new blood vessels that feed a tumor"
    Big difference!
    Predator mites, are mites that eat mites.
    They are on our side!
    (and arm, and feet and neck. Long story.)

@OMB
    "Isn't that a Thrip thing? The tracks? "

Nope, the li'l scoops are.
    But the looping trails are usually leafminers.

Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

The insects in your first pic are spider mites. The loopy tracks in the next are leaf miners. Minute Pirate Bug (Orius Insidiosis) is a thrip, whitefly and mite predator that works, especially for thrips and whitefly. I routinely use them to clean up thrip infestations in my research greenhouse. See: Arbico Organics. If you have 2-spotted spider mite, ugh. For an indoor grow you need to instill "greenhouse rules". Filter air going in, never go in with clothing exposed to your garden or yard, and wash/sterilize all pots, implements, etc. that you use in there. Use good soil. No half-assed crap from the hardware store. Commercial soil can carry many diseases and predators. I would nuke that grow room thoroughly and start over clean. Just my 2 cents. Good luck man.

3.   Advertisements

Ladybugs too....I keep an Army of them running loose in the cabinet. When they get low, I order another 2500...If it ain't a ladybug, and it moves in the cabinet, it dies....period. I believe in total eradication of anything that threatens my girls.
    Having said that, I am guilty as hell of using crap soil...Black Gold potting mix. Stupid newbie! Lol I will be changing that on the next go.

Well I tried the no pest strip, which has 19% of the same chemical, (no pest strip, azamax, and neem are not available here or online in Canada). It appears as though the adults have died, but there were still a few nymphs and one adult that I saw. I simply can't start over, that would put me at March or April harvest. I am thinking of a nicotine solution. I'm at a loss though as far as the ones in flower?? I can't thank everyone enough for all of your help.

Nicotine, like pyrethrins, will only stun insects unless the strength and application are exactly correct (pyrethrins actually require a synergist to kill). I would go the ladybug/pirate bug route if possible, especially now that you apparently have knocked the populations down. A cheap fix are colored sticky cards, which we use in the greenhouses routinely for fungus gnats, whitefly and thrips. They don't do squat with spider mites, though. 2-spotted mites are almost impossible to eradicate once the population gets to a certain point. Keeping them from exploding might be all you can do at this point.

Well I have lost 2 THC Bomb and 2 Jack Herer. So far, 2 Love Potion and 1 Cotton Candy are still hanging in there. They were not as far along as the THC & Jack so I used a nicotine solution. Day 4, so far only one adult, which I've killed. But, I know they are just hiding....and waiting for their next attack (two-spot mites!)Now I'm considering purchasing the The BIG BLUE 8 inch. Appreciate any thoughts on the success of the Big Blue?

Is the product called "Might Wash" available in Canada?....or "Hotshot" pest strips? I have personally used Mighty Wash and it works. The Hotshot strips are a proven winner too.
    The Mighty wash can be used up to harvest as well....solved my problem with ONE application.

Nicotine worked great! Dead bodies covering all leaves. Odd though, for that many i never see webs, sneaky lil' buggers. I am going to keep spraying them with water to keep their numbers down. I have ordered the Big Blue and am hopeful. After sterilizing the bud room with it and plants from veg. Hopefully starting fresh' and no mites if luck be with me.

Good job on the nicotine 2b; that can be tricky. I'm really curious what you think of the Big Blue. My charcoal based filter is not removing all of the odor in my flowering room. It's not a huge problem, since my grow is legal, but I'd love to find something that removes the odor entirely.

you can make your own mighty wash with warm water- some ivory soap and a little 'smidgeon' of isopropyl alcohol, I am not familiar with the actual mighty wash but it may be similar. I agree neem sucks if you use it on your plants- BUT if you have other houseplants you MUST use a low dose spray on them at least 2-3 times a week just to keep your house free of pests.I actually cut the strength by 1/4 and spray all my houseplants daily - even though they are on the opposite side of the house.
    I have a jungle in my home and I had to learn the hard way- the houseplants will really infest your crop if not careful- be especially careful when bringing any plant into your home, even if it came from a greenhouse and will be on the other side of the house- if it has mites they are hungry and will find your crop….

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast