Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1519 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Is dolomite lime white or brown?

Hey guys, is dolomite lime supposed to be a white powder or little brown pellets? I was at the local garden store and they carry a white powder, but my Home Depot has the brown pellet style. What do you recommend?? I googled it and the high calcium lime is white, high magnesium is brown, correct?

Thanks!!
    shnibbles Reviewed by shnibbles on . Is dolomite lime white or brown? Hey guys, is dolomite lime supposed to be a white powder or little brown pellets? I was at the local garden store and they carry a white powder, but my Home Depot has the brown pellet style. What do you recommend?? I googled it and the high calcium lime is white, high magnesium is brown, correct? Thanks!! Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The dolomite lime I buy from Sunlight Supply is a fine white powder. It takes a good while to break down. The pellets take even longer to break down. The pellets can be white, brown or yellow and usually contain high levels of calcium and gypsum. I don't know about high magnesium correlating with the brown color necessarily.

not that I'm a know-it-all but I've never encountered brown dolomite.