Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1517 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

5+ weeks into flower, do my buds look too small?

So yes, this is my first grow. My main strain im growing is Chemdawg91 or OG Kush. There are about 16 ladies that are just over 5 weeks into flower. For the first few weeks they were only under a 600w hps and 150w hps...then my partner took hooded 600 and they stayed under only the 150w and a small 4 bulb t5 fixture for about a week before I could buy myself a 1000w hps setup. They have been under 1000 for a couple weeks now and the bud is looking FANTASTIC. I should also mention I kept the t5 on them as well because I hear they give a nice taste but obviously its kinda off to the side (where its focused on two smaller sour d plants, but also pointed onto that side of chemdawg and very close to both). So, my only concern is that my buds still look rather small and the hairs still look unimaginably long (not too upset about that part lol) I might also mention that after researching the strain it is said to have a long flowering period of about 10 weeks. Only pic I have of buds in current state that is on the web can be found here http://instagram.com/p/hxSeqqMNeu/# , any advice is much appreciated.
    lextersdabs Reviewed by lextersdabs on . 5+ weeks into flower, do my buds look too small? So yes, this is my first grow. My main strain im growing is Chemdawg91 or OG Kush. There are about 16 ladies that are just over 5 weeks into flower. For the first few weeks they were only under a 600w hps and 150w hps...then my partner took hooded 600 and they stayed under only the 150w and a small 4 bulb t5 fixture for about a week before I could buy myself a 1000w hps setup. They have been under 1000 for a couple weeks now and the bud is looking FANTASTIC. I should also mention I kept the t5 Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Btw above picture is definitely my largest cola.

Take another pic in about 3 weeks and compare em

R u saying that im going to see a big difference? Lol or just simply giving a suggestion?

Also, FML, ive encountered quite the substantial pest problem. Im pretty sure they are white flies, and I want to know if things like sm90 are safe to use this far into flower and if yellow paper will work. Any other eradication suggestions are also much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by lextersdabs
    So, my only concern is that my buds still look rather small...
    IMO, they look a little thin, but that's to be expected with the lighting mishap. Just stay the course and they'll be just fine, that pictured one looks nice and healthy. They'll start to swell now! :thumbsup:

Dunno about the bugs, but the sticky traps wouldn't be a bad idea. Dryer sheets in the pots seem to work at keeping the bugs out of the soil.

Thanks for the advice and reassurance! Pretty much as I suspected. But yea man they are so beautiful I cant wait to taste these flowers! I know ive found one of my passions.

I think you'll see a big difference, growing its fun, you can always try some of the bottom ones if it drives you crazy, they will just get better as they mature. And the tops will love it. You must be vigilante, watch for mold here on out, lots of air movement. I think the weight increases almost exponentially as grow proceeds, if you keep the grow factors in the green.
    You can knock the flies at this stage, and use the dryer sheets on surface.

Is my aim to cover the surface of my medium with dryer sheets? Or am I simply placing a dryer sheet or two at the base of each plant? And what are some tell tale signs of mold to look out for?