Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1656 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Uruguay First country in the world to legalize Cannabis

This just in:

URUGUAY IS THE WORLD'S FIRST COUNTRY TO LEGALIZE CANNABIS

President Jose Mujica has to sign the bill and the world's first landmark marijuana legalization measure will be a done deal. Amid applause and cheers in the Uruguay Senate, the vote passed.

We will report more on this. Forum members, if you see any interesting links and tidbits of information about this, please post below.

We will be more active in world/local reporting and we hope to bring forth the best cannabis information on the net.

CNN Report: http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/10/world/...html?hpt=hp_c2

Bloomberg News: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...ana-trade.html

Business Insider: http://www.businessinsider.com/urugu...-trade-2013-12
    sundance. Reviewed by sundance. on . Uruguay First country in the world to legalize Cannabis This just in: URUGUAY IS THE WORLD'S FIRST COUNTRY TO LEGALIZE CANNABIS President Jose Mujica has to sign the bill and the world's first landmark marijuana legalization measure will be a done deal. Amid applause and cheers in the Uruguay Senate, the vote passed. We will report more on this. Forum members, if you see any interesting links and tidbits of information about this, please post below. We will be more active in world/local reporting and we hope to bring forth the best Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Uruguay to legalize marijuana :thumbsup:

that's a good start

we all just need to fight for it and I think we'll win the fight

we all want it to be a free plant . and let it grow all over the place
    that would be an epic views

Don't be surprised, if they change their mind...

...they signed a treaty.

http://www.unodc.org/pdf/convention_1961_en.pdf

The U.N. will probably put sanctions on them....then they can put that in their pipe and smoke it. :wtf:

I don't know..... I've been hearing a few countries starting to buck the U.N. for their controling manner & unwelcomed interference. Maybe Mujica will tell them to go jack off. It seems that of lately, the U.N. has started to operate like a dictator, even more so than say, 20-30 yrs ago. They've had way too much to say when countries have even considered legalization, which I see as none of their business. If anything, they should favor legalization as it would give a great boost to WORLD economics.
    -- If cannabis became legal world wide tomorrow, consider world trade options. Import/export can raise a country up out of poverty. Here in the U.S., the very wealthy would, for the most part, loose their foot hold on the economy, since MOST of them have acquired their wealth through petro- chemicals. (I read a report yesterday that said 1% of the population owned 40% of this countrys wealth. A little out of proportion, doncha' think?) If both cannabis & hemp were a legal commodity, people of low income would be farming it & raise up out of financial oppression. In a short time very few people would be living below the poverty line like they are now. That's the last thing the very wealthy want, & that's the main source of our legalization opposition. But I'd really LOVE to see the petro-chemical money lords fall on their faces , so legalization would be a win/win situation in my book! But back to the U.N. It does look as though a few countries are starting to ignore their bs......

Oh I'm really pissed. I just read the MPP BLOG for today! Seems the U.N. has outlived its usefull purpose & is now hell bent on world domination! But then again, guess they've slowly been trying to attain that goal since they started. At first they had the wool pulled over (almost) everybody's eyes appearing to be working on OUR behalf! BULL SHIT! BULL SHIT! BULL SHIT! I declare war on the damned U.N.! Its time we bring their little game playing to an end & put them in their place! Where is that, you may ask? Oh I don't know.... how about Siberia ?!?!